Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
according act of congress action admitted allowed amount appear applied assignment authority bank bill bond brought cause charge circuit court claim confirmed consideration considered constitution contract debt decision decree deed defendant delivered direct district duties entered entitled equity error established evidence exception execution exist fact foreign further give given grant ground heirs held imported instructions interest issued John judge judgment jurisdiction jury land Large limitation Louisiana March matter notes notice objection obtained opinion original paid parties passed patent payment person plaintiff plaintiff in error port possession present principle proceedings provision purchased question reason received record referred regard relation respect rule Stats statute suit survey taken territory tion tract treaty United vessel whole writ of error
589. lappuse - And the said records and judicial proceedings authenticated as aforesaid, shall have such faith and credit given to them in every court within the United States, as they have by law or usage in the courts of the state from whence the said records are or shall be taken.
136. lappuse - States, and the decision is in favor of such their validity; or where is drawn in question the construction of any clause of the constitution, or of a treaty or statute of, or commission held under the United States, and the decision is against the title, right, privilege or exemption specially set up or claimed by either party, under such clause of the said Constitution, treaty, statute or commission...
719. lappuse - That in all that Territory ceded by France to the United States, under the name of Louisiana, which lies north of Thirty-six degrees and thirty minutes north latitude, not included within the limits of the state contemplated by this act, slavery and involuntary servitude, otherwise than in the punishment of crimes whereof the parties shall have been duly convicted, shall be and is hereby forever prohibited.
630. lappuse - That a writ of error as aforesaid shall be a supersedeas and stay execution in cases only where the writ of error is served, by a copy thereof being lodged for the adverse party in the clerk's office where the record remains, within ten days, Sundays exclusive, after rendering the judgment or passing the decree complained of.
644. lappuse - Hamilton at or before the sealing and delivery of these presents, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged, Have granted, bargained, sold, aliened, released and confirmed, and by these presents Do grant, bargain, sell, alien, release and confirm unto the said...
316. lappuse - Department, shall be admitted as evidence, and the court trying the cause shall be authorized...
74. lappuse - Ildefonso, in the crown, government or nation of Spain, and every act and proceeding subsequent thereto, of whatsoever nature, towards the obtaining any grant, title, or claim to such lands, and under whatsoever authority transacted, or pretended, be, and the same are hereby declared to be, and to have been from the beginning, null, void, and of no effect in law or equity.
716. lappuse - Mississippi, except the town of New Orleans and the island on which it is situated, which shall remain to.
633. lappuse - Post (in his Actual Possession now being by Virtue of a Bargain and Sale to him thereof made by the said George Welsh for one whole year by Indenture bearing date the day next Before the day of the date of...
307. lappuse - There shall be neither slavery nor involuntary servitude in the said territory, otherwise than in the punishment of crimes, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted : Provided always, That any person escaping into the same, from whom labor or service is lawfully claimed in any one of the original States, such fugitive may be lawfully reclaimed, and conveyed to the person claiming his or her labor or service as aforesaid.