Social Security Amendments of 1960: Hearings Before the Committee on Finance, United States Senate, Eighty-sixth Congress, Second Session, on H.R. 12580, an Act to Extend and Improve Coverage Under the Federal Old-age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance System and to Remove Hardships and Inequities, Improve the Financing of the Trust Funds, and Provide Disability Benefits to Additional Individuals Under Such System; to Provide Grants to States for Medical Care for Aged Individuals of Low Income; to Amend the Public Assistance, and Maternal, and Child Welfare Provisions of the Social Scurity Act; to Improve the Unemployment Compensation Provisions of Such Act; and for Other Purposes, June 29, 30, 1960
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1960 - 531 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
additional administration adopted aged amendment American amount approach assistance Association basis believe benefits bill Chairman citizens committee companies Congress continue contributions cost course coverage covered CRUIKSHANK disability earnings effect eligible employees estimated expenses fact FAULKNER Federal Government figures Finance Forand bill funds going Governor health insurance hospital House income increase individual July June legislation less limited major maximum means medical care meet ment million month nursing home Office old-age older paid participate payment payroll percent period persons physicians possible premium present President problem proposal protection question reason receive recommended record Representatives responsibility retirement Secretary FLEMMING Senator CURTIS Senator Douglas Senator HARTKE social security system statement tion United voluntary Washington Welfare
508. lappuse - Each member shall hold office for a term of three years, except that any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of...
45. lappuse - ... (5) provide such methods of administration (including methods relating to the establishment and maintenance of personnel standards on a merit basis, except that the Secretary shall exercise no authority with respect to the selection, tenure of office, and compensation of any individual employed in accordance with such methods) as are found by the Secretary to be necessary for the proper and efficient operation of the plan...
348. lappuse - Such return shall contain such information and be made in such manner as the Commissioner with the approval of the Secretary may by regulations prescribe.
471. lappuse - Secretary to be necessary for the proper and efficient operation of the plan; (6) provide that the State agency will make such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the Secretary may from time to time require, and comply with such provisions as the Secretary may from time to time find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports...
313. lappuse - Chinese society will enter the era of communism in which the principle of 'from each according to his ability and to each according to his needs
46. lappuse - State plan approved under this title, finds " ( 1 ) that the plan has been so changed that it no longer complies with the provisions of section 1602 ; or "<2) that in the administration of the plan there Is a failure to comply substantially with any such provision ; the Secretary shall notify such State agency that further payments will not be made to the State...
49. lappuse - Federal share" for any State shall be 100 per centum less the State percentage and the State percentage shall be that percentage which bears the same ratio to 50 per centum as the per capita income of such State bears to the per capita income of the continental United States (excluding Alaska), except that (1) the Federal share...
378. lappuse - I resigned to become dean of the Florence Heller Graduate School for Advanced Studies in Social Welfare at Brandeis University.
1. lappuse - Such investments may be made only in interest-bearing obligations of the United States or in obligations guaranteed as to both principal and interest by the United States.
46. lappuse - July 1, 1953, provide, if the plan includes payments to individuals in private or public institutions, for the establishment or designation of a State authority or authorities which shall be responsible for establishing and maintaining standards for such institutions...