Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action affirmed alleged allowed Amendment amount application Attorney authority base bill Board brought cause charged Circuit Court City claim commerce Commission Commissioner Company confession Cong Congress consideration Constitution contract Corp costs Court of Appeals damages decision denied determine dissenting District Court effect employees evidence fact February federal filed findings fixed followed glucose granted ground held Illinois imports Indian industrial interstate issue judgment jurisdiction JUSTICE Labor land limited March matter meaning ment Messrs natural gas operation Opinion original parties patent person Petition for writ petitioner present proceedings production prohibition provisions purchase question rates reason record regulation relating Reported respondent result reversed Robert rule Stat statute suit supra Supreme Court tion treaty United vessel violation wages writ of certiorari
400. lappuse - ... fundamental principles of liberty and justice which lie at the base of all our civil and political institutions...
382. lappuse - The amount of all such items shall be included in the gross income for the taxable year in which received by the taxpayer, unless under methods of accounting permitted under subdivision (b) of section 212, any such amounts are to be properly accounted for as of a different period...
730. lappuse - ... case thus made by showing justification shall be upon the person charged with a violation of this section, and unless justification shall be affirmatively shown, the Commission is authorized to issue an order terminating the discrimination : Provided, however, That nothing herein contained shall prevent a seller rebutting the prima-facie case thus made...
xxxiii. lappuse - Continental Paper Bag Co. v Eastern Paper Bag Co. 210 US 405, 52 L Ed 1122, 28 S Ct 748 (1908) ; Crown Die & Tool Co.
403. lappuse - Clause inescapably imposes upon this Court an exercise of judgment upon the whole course of the proceedings [resulting in a conviction] in order to ascertain whether they offend those canons of decency and fairness which express the notions of justice of English-speaking peoples even toward those charged with the most heinous offenses.
635. lappuse - It is sufficient for the present to say, generally, that when the importer has so acted upon the thing imported, that it has become incorporated and mixed up with the mass of property in the country, it has, perhaps, * lost its distinctive character as an import, and has become [ * 442 ] subject to the taxing power of the State...
583. lappuse - From the investor or company point of view it is important that there be enough revenue not only for operating expenses but also for the capital costs of the business. These include service on the debt and dividends on the stock.
19. lappuse - In the case of gifts (other than of future interests in property) made to any person by the donor during the calendar year, the first $5,000 of such gifts to such person shall not, for the purposes of subsection (a), be included in the total amount of gifts made during such year.
436. lappuse - States, to bring suit in equity for injunctive relief against any common carrier subject to the provisions of the Act to regulate commerce, approved February fourth, eighteen hundred and eighty-seven, in respect of any matter subject to the regulation, supervision, or other jurisdiction of the Interstate Commerce Commission.
782. lappuse - If either party shall apply to the court for leave to adduce additional evidence and shall show to the satisfaction of the court that such additional evidence is material and that there were reasonable grounds for the failure to adduce such evidence in the hearing before the Board, its member, agent, or agency, the court may order such additional evidence to be taken before the Board, its member, agent, or agency, and to be made a part of the transcript.