Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and related agencies appropriations for fiscal year 1990: hearings before a subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, United States Senate, One Hundred First Congress, first session, on H.R. 2990/H.R. 3566 ....
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Appropriations. Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1990
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional Administration agencies AIDS alcohol amount Answer appropriate areas assistance authority behavior benefits block budget cancer centers changes child clinical clinical trials collection Committee conducted continue costs demonstration Department disease drug abuse effective efforts established estimate evaluation expect Family Federal fiscal year 1990 funds going grant groups Health Service hospitals Human implementation improve increase individuals infection initiative Institute issues major Medicare mental million Office operations organizations patients payment percent persons physicians population prevention priority problems projects proposed Public Health Question received recent reduce request response result risk rural Secretary Senator BUMPERS Senator HARKIN serve Social Security Social Security Administration specific staff survey testing therapy treatment understand
215. lappuse - No agency shall disclose any record which is contained in a system of records by any means of communication to any person, or to another agency, except pursuant to a written request by, or with the prior written consent of, the individual to whom the record pertains...
471. lappuse - July 1, 1973, is the Federal agency charged with protecting the public health of the Nation by providing leadership and direction in the prevention and control of diseases and other preventable conditions and responding to public health emergencies.
429. lappuse - Society, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a fellow of the American Medical Association ; Doctor Grant W.
428. lappuse - Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, the Health Resources and Services Administration, the Indian Health Service, the...
377. lappuse - Thank you very much. [The following questions were not asked at the hearing, but were submitted to the Department for response subsequent to the hearing:] QUESTIONS SUBMITTED BY SENATOR CHRISTOPHER S. BOND VETERANS BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION ISSUES Question. A few years ago, VBA organized its 59 Regional Offices into "service delivery networks.
275. lappuse - Act is contained in the residual freeze category, which includes numerous programs across the government. For all these programs, in aggregate, 1990 outlays would not exceed total outlays for such programs in 1989. This does not mean that each Federal program within this category must be frozen. The freeze is flexible in that it allows for negotiations between Congress and the Administration to determine appropriate funding priorities. As budget negotiations between the Administration and the...
9. lappuse - Finally, we must focus our limited resources on the poor, the disadvantaged, and the neglected in our society. Programs like Medicaid must be carefully administered so that rural and inner city health care needs are met, and the Nation's poor are accorded decent care with dignity. We will soon send to the Congress legislation to enhance Medicaid services for children, including expansion of immunization services.
5. lappuse - Act will be one of my highest and earliest priorities. The Act's most fundamental change was the creation of a new program of work and training activities, the Job Opportunities and Basic Skills (JOBS) training program, which all States must have in...
398. lappuse - (4) statistical data and an analysis of information regarding the effectiveness of the State agency and area agencies on aging in targeting services to older individuals with the greatest economic or social needs, with particular attention to low-income minority individuals, low-income individuals, and frail individuals (including individuals with any physical or mental functional impairment).
4. lappuse - I fully share to the ideal of a "kinder, gentler" America. No Department will be more directly affected by that commitment than HHS, which touches the lives of Americans wherever they are most vulnerable from the beginning of life, through health and sickness, from the foods we eat to the medicines we take, to the care of our elderly and disabled among us.