Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able absurd accomplish according adapted admit affirm ages answer appear attributes become behold believe Bible cause character Christ Christianity church circumstances claims connected consequences consistent death demand deny divine doctrines doubt earth equal error eternal evidence evil examine existence fact faith favor future give glory grant greater hand harmonious heart heaven Hence hold holy human idea important imposture Infidelity influence inspiration instance instructions interest known laws light lived means merits mind miracles moral mysteries nature necessary never object occurred once operation original person portion position possess possible preached present principles produced prove question race rational reason received recorded reference regard religion remain removed respect result revelation sacred Scriptures Shakspeare soul spirit sufferings supposed taught teach things thought tion true truth universe urged various whole wisdom writings
474. lappuse - For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment...
473. lappuse - And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
464. lappuse - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit...
465. lappuse - Spirit : by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison ; which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the Ark was preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water...
120. lappuse - I forty stripes save one, thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep ; in journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren ; in weariness and painfuluess, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness ; besides...
376. lappuse - God is not a man, that he should lie;. neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it ? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
401. lappuse - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God ; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth ; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
49. lappuse - MR. PRINTER, The following description of the Mayor's first passing over the old bridge, taken from an old Manuscript, may not [at this time] be unacceptable, to the generality of your readers.
122. lappuse - I shall the effect of this good lesson keep, As watchman to my heart. But, good my brother, Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven, Whilst, like a puffd and reckless libertine, Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads And recks not his own rede.
474. lappuse - I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.