Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activities adopted Alta amendment anti-Chinese apply Assembly Association attempt authority bill Board brought building Bureau called cause charged Chinese citizens Civil claimed Coast Code Commissioner committee Congress Constitution continued contract convention Council County Court decision demand early effect efforts eight eight-hour employed employer employment enforcement established evident exclusion Federated force furnished give given held Ibid immigration increased industries interests Journal Judge label labor labor movement later legislation legislature lien March matter means measure mechanics meeting ment mines months movement necessary notice obtain organizations Pacific party passage passed period person pointed political presented prison protection question Record refused regulations Report representatives result San Francisco secure Senate Sess Statutes of California strike tion trade-unions Trades Union United wages workers Workingmen's
225. lappuse - When the death of a person not being a minor, or when the death of a minor person who leaves surviving him either a husband or wife or child or children, is caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another, his heirs or personal representatives may maintain an action for damages against the person causing the death...
141. lappuse - Whenever, in the opinion of the Government of " the United States the coming of Chinese laborers to the " United States, or their residence therein, affects or threatens " to affect the interests of that country, or to endanger the good " order of the said country or of any locality, within the territory " thereof, the Government of China agrees that the Govern" ment of the United States may regulate, limit, or suspend " such coming or residence, but may not absolutely prohibit it.
38. lappuse - Any person who seeks to influence the vote of a member of the Legislature by bribery, promise of reward, intimidation, or any other dishonest means, shall be guilty of lobbying, which is hereby declared a felony; and it shall be the duty of the Legislature to provide, by law, for the punishment of this crime.
225. lappuse - An employer is not bound to indemnify his employee for losses suffered by the latter in consequence of the ordinary risks of the business in which he is employed...
225. lappuse - The common law of England, so far as it is not repugnant to or inconsistent with the Constitution of the United States, or the Constitution or laws of this state, is the rule of decision in all the courts of this state.
222. lappuse - Every person who, while lawfully in possession of an article of personal property renders any service to the owner thereof, by labor or skill, employed for the protection, improvement, safekeeping, or carriage...
355. lappuse - An agreement or combination by two or more persons to do or procure to be done any act in contemplation or furtherance of a trade dispute between employers and workmen shall not be indictable as a conspiracy if such act committed by one person would not be punishable as a crime.
342. lappuse - ... combining and conspiring to quit, with or without notice, the service of said receivers, with the object and intent of crippling the property in their custody, or embarrassing the operation of said railroad...
103. lappuse - BLOW ye the trumpet, blow ; The gladly solemn sound Let all the nations know, To earth's remotest bound ; The year of jubilee is come ; Return, ye ransomed sinners, home.