Copyright Law Revision: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Courts, Civil Liberties, and the Administration of Justice of the Committee on the Judiciary, House of Representatives, Ninety-fourth Congress, First Session on H.R. 2223 ....
United States. Congress. House. Committee on the Judiciary. Subcommittee on Courts, Civil Liberties, and the Administration of Justice
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1976 - 2240 lappuses
advertising amendment antenna ASCAP Association authors broadcast cable system cable television CATV Chairman clause Commission Committee compulsory license Congress Consensus Agreement copies or phonorecords copyright fees copyright law copyright liability Copyright Office copyright owner copyright payment copyright protection copyright revision Copyright Royalty copyrighted material cost Court DANIELSON distant signals distribution DRINAN educational exclusive rights exemption fair Federal Federal Communications Commission fee schedule film industry infringement interest issue journals jukebox KASTEN MEIER KASTENMEIER limited ment motion picture National NCTA PATTISON percent performance performing rights societies photocopying prepared statement present president problem producers proposed publishers question RAILSBACK Register of Copyrights reproduction revenues revision bill Royalty Tribunal secondary transmission Section 108 Senate SESAC sound recording Subcommittee subscribers teacher Teleprompter television stations testimony Thank tion United United States Code users VALENTI viewers
281. lappuse - ... the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and (4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
289. lappuse - ... 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2. the nature of the copyrighted work; 3.
289. lappuse - ... the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
334. lappuse - January 1, 1978; or (3) activities violating legal or equitable rights that are not equivalent to any of the exclusive rights within the general scope of copyright as specified by section 106.
39. lappuse - The notice shall be affixed to the copies in such manner and location as to give reasonable notice of the claim of copyright.
470. lappuse - Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106(3), the owner of a particular copy or phonorecord lawfully made under this title, or any person authorized by such owner, is entitled, without the authority of the copyright owner, to sell or otherwise dispose of the possession of that copy or phonorecord.
321. lappuse - The federal copyright laws give to the author (or publisher if he is the copyright owner) "the exclusive right to print, reprint, publish, copy and vend the copyrighted work.
6. lappuse - For the purpose of the foregoing sentence, a "supplementary work" is a work prepared for publication as a secondary adjunct to a work by another author for the purpose of introducing, concluding, illustrating, explaining, revising, commenting upon, or assisting in the use of the other work, such as forewords...
334. lappuse - January 1, 1978, all legal or equitable rights that are equivalent to any of the exclusive rights within the general scope of copyright as specified by section 106 in works of authorship that are fixed in a tangible medium of expression and come within the subject matter of copyright as specified by sections 102 and 103, whether created before or after that date and whether published or unpublished, are governed exclusively by this title.