Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
according activities additional Administration agencies Agriculture American amounted announced areas Army Association Available average building Bureau cars Census cents changes cities Commerce Committee companies compared construction consumer consumption continued cooperation cost cotton demand Department developed Division dollars domestic economic effect electric equipment establishments export farm Federal field figures foreign gain Government higher Housing important income increase indicated industry interest issued July June Labor List loan Management manufacturers March materials ment Michigan million months National Defense needs Office operation organizations percent period persons placed plants pounds present problems purchasing received recent record region reported represented requirements result retail rise Service showed Statistics stocks supplies survey tion trade types United volume wage Washington week wholesale York
2. lappuse - It is clear that the Muscle Shoals development is but a small part of the potential public usefulness of the entire Tennessee River. Such use, if envisioned in its entirety, transcends mere power development; it enters the wide fields of flood control, soil erosion, afforestation, elimination from agricultural use of marginal lands, and distribution and diversification of industry. In short, this power development of war days leads logically to national planning for a complete river watershed involving...
17. lappuse - I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people ; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed ; a democracy in a republic, a sovereign nation of many sovereign states ; a perfect union, one and inseparable ; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots...
688. lappuse - Administrator) ; or (2) any employee engaged in any retail or service establishment the greater part of whose selling or servicing is in intrastate commerce...
20. lappuse - Hitler is a monster of wickedness, insatiable in his lust for blood and plunder. Not content with having all Europe under his heel, or else terrorized into various forms of abject submission, he must now carry his work of butchery and desolation among the vast multitudes of Russia and of Asia.
638. lappuse - The publication in the Federal Register of any document shall create a rebuttable presumption (a) that it was duly issued, prescribed, or promulgated; (b) that it was duly filed with the Division and made available for public inspection at the day and hour stated in the printed notation; (c) that the copy contained in the Federal Register is a true copy of the original; and...
17. lappuse - THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I, therefore, believe it is my duty to my country to love it;...
629. lappuse - First, we shall actively resist wherever necessary, and with all our resources, every attempt by Hitler to extend his Nazi domination to the Western Hemisphere, or to threaten it. We shall actively resist his every attempt to gain control of the seas. We insist upon the vital importance of keeping Hitlerism away from any point in the world which could be used and would be used as a base of attack against the Americas.
697. lappuse - Our Bunker Hill of tomorrow may be several thousand miles from Boston.
677. lappuse - ... experimenting with nitrocellulose. Eventually, by making a solid core of another plastic material and covering it with nitrocellulose dissolved in ether and alcohol, he made a billiard ball. Many difficulties, however, stood in the way of a perfect product. A lighted cigar applied to the ball at once resulted in a serious flame and occasionally "the violent contact of the balls would produce a mild explosion like a percussion guncap...
735. lappuse - Commission is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935, the Trust Indenture Act of 1939, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.