« iepriekšējāTurpināt »
4. Count the ayes and noes from the ballot papers not rejected and make a written statement of the number of votes given for or against the granting of licenses respectively and of the number of ballot papers rejected and not counted by him which statement shall be then signed by him and such other persons authorised to be present as may desire to sign
Certificate 5. The deputy returning officer shall then certify under his
persons who have voted at the polling place at which he is ap-
ing of licenses respectively and of the rejected ballot
papers ; (b) The used ballot papers which have not been objected
to and which have been counted ;
which have been counted ;
(f) The voters' list;
ing officer be transmitted forth with to the retnrning officer. Declaration of
(9) At the time and place fixed for declaring the result of result of poll the poll the returning officer shall open the packets containing
the statement of votes given for or against the granting of licenses respectively and there publicly declare the result.
(10) As soon as possible after the result has been announced disposition of the ballot boxes, packets and returns shall be deposited in the
office of the board. Objections to (11) Objections to any act or proceeding under this section proceedings
must be made in writing and filed in the office of the board within eight days after the ballot boxes, packets and returns are deposited in the said office ; such objections shall be considered and adjudicated upon by the board at their next regular meeting; the decision of the board shall be final; and in the event of the objections being maintained and upon the payment of the sum of 5100 by the onjector or objectors they shall have the power to call another poll to be taken on the question whether or not licenses shall be granted; in the event however of the said sum of $100 not being paid the poll objected to, even if the objections are sustained, shall remain valid to all intents and purposes and have full force and effect as if no ob
jections had been found. Defect of (12) Nothing in this section shall be construed as permitting irregularity
any of the proceedings had or papers filed or notices required therein to be vitiated or set aside by reason of any mere want
shall come into force
or defect of form or any irregularity in the drawing up or execution of the same.
(13) The decision of the three-fifths of the electors against when decision the granting of licenses as declared at the poll shall come into force in the then ensuing license year beginning on the first day of July and such prohibition shall continue in full force for such year and any future year until repealed; and each and all of the provisions of this section shall apply to the proceedings to be taken in reference to such appeal.
(14) In case of any such vote being taken as provided in when new this section then no new vote other than that provided for in the can be this section shall be taken for a period of three years thereafter. (15) The expenses for the taking of such vote over and above
Expenses to the sum of $100 provided to be paid under this section shall be bo defrayed defrayed out of the general revenue fund of the Territories, revenue fund such expenses to be certified to by the board for the district in which the vote has been taken ; in the event however of the expenses of such vote being less than the $100 deposited as above, the balance thereof remaining after such expenses have been paid shall be returned to the parties depositing the same. No. 7 of 1897, s. 43.
out of general
PARTIAL REPEAL OF NORTH-WEST TERRITORIES ACT.
100 of NW T.
125. Sections 92 to 100 both inclusive of The North-West Sections 92 to Territories Act, chapter 50 of The Revised Statutes of Canada Act repealer together with all amendments thereto in so far as they apply to the Territories comprising the several electoral divisions mentioned in the schedule to chapter 22 of the Act of the Parliament of Canada 54-5; Victoria intituled An Act to amend the Acts respecting the North-West Territories are hereby repealed except as to all that portion of Alberta north of a line drawn Exception as follows: Commencing at the point of intersection of the western boundary of Alberta by the line between townships numbered fifty-seven and fifty-eight thence east to the western boundary of range twenty-six west of the fourth meridian thence north along the western boundary of the said range twenty-six to the line between townships numbered sixty-four and sixty-five and thence east along the said line to the eastern boundary of Alberta, and except as to townships 57 and 59 in ranges 9 and 10 west of the fourth meridian in the Dominion lands system of survey; and it is declared that as to the suid portions of the Territories the said sections of The North-West Territories Act remain in full force and effect. No. 7 of 1897, s. 123; No. 38 of 1897, s. 55; No. 40 of 1898, s. 12.
MEMBERS OF ASSEMBLY.
126. No member of the Legislative Assembly except he be Members of a licensee shall be a party to any bond to be given under this Legislative
Assembly Ordinance nor shall he be a party to any petition under this Ordinance. No. 7 of 1897, s. 124,
To the License Commissioners:
The petition of the undersigned humbly sheweth:
That your petitioner makes application for a renewal of (1) a (2)
license to sell intoxicating liquors in the building occupied by your petitioner at in the electoral district of
and described as (3)
Your petitioner hath deposited with the proper officer the sum of $10 the fee payable for such application and produces herewith receipt for same.
(4) [Your petitioner produces also the recommendation of at least ten out of the twenty nearest householders to the said
also his own affidavit and the affidavit of two respectable neighbours to prove his qualification to obtain a license.]
And your petitioner prays that a license may be granted him accordingly.
(1) If a first application strike out the words in italics ;
(4) The words in brackets to be left out where form B not required.
(Sections 28, 29, 34, 37, 38, 40.)
We the undersigned hereby severally declare that is personally known to us, that we are at least ten of the twenty householders nearest in a direct line to the wherein the applicant intends to sell intoxicating liqucrs as specified in his petition ; that we have read or heard read to us the whole of this recommendation before signing it; and we recommend the applicant as a fit and proper person to obtain a license to sell intoxicating liquors
in the be occupied by the said applicant at in the electoral district of
and we consider it for the convenience of the public that a license should be granted to the said applicant.
Distance in yards in a direct line Date of
from the proposed licensed signature,
I, the undersigned,
do certify that all the persons whose names are appended to the within recommendation are personally known to me and have signed the same in my presence and the date upon which each person signed the said recommendation is directly set opposite the name of each person respectively. Dated at
in the District of this
applicant for a license to sell intoxicating liquors,
make oath and say: That I am of the full age of twenty-one years.
That I have never been convicted of any criminal offence subject to imprisonment for five years or upwards. Sworn before me at
in the district of this
do severally make oath and say: That we are neighbours of
, applicant for a license to sell intoxicating liquors.
That he is personally known to us;
subject to imprisonment for five years or upwards to our knowledge; and
That he is a man of good moral character and temperate habits. Sworn by said and
before me at
in the district of
FORM OF BOND BY APPLICANT FOR AN HOTEL OR WHOLE
Know all men by these presents that we of of and
of held and firmly bound unto Her Majesty Queen Victoria, Her Heirs and Successors as follows, that is to say: the said in the sum of five hundred dollars of good and lawful money of Canada the said
in the sum of two hundred and fifty dollars of like good and lawful money and the said
in the sum of two hundred and fifty dollars of like good and lawful money, for payment of which well and truly to be made we bind ourselves and each of us, our heirs, executors and administrators firmly by these presents. Whereas the above bounden
is about to obtain a license to keep a
for the sale of liquor in the
The condition of this obligation is therefore such that if the said fines and penalties which he may be condemned to pay for any offence against any statute or other provision having the force of law now or hereafter to be in fo:'ce relative to such license for the sale of liquor and does, performs and observes all the requirements thereof and conforms to all rules and regulations that are or may be established by competent authority in such behalf; then this obligation shall be null and void, otherwise it shall remain in full force, virtue and effect.
In witness whereof we have signed these presents with our hands and sealed them with our seals this
day of one thousand Signel, sealed and delivered in presence of us
[L...] (L.S.) (L.S.]