« iepriekšējāTurpināt »
inches in width and of the full thickness of such partition or floor; and every such stovepipe shall be inserted into a chimney of brick, stone or concrete ;
10. At least twelve inches shall intervene between any stove in use and the partition or wall nearest thereto;
11. Every proprietor of any house more than one storey high with a roof having a pitch greater than one foot in three shall keep a ladder on such roof near the chimney thereof;
12. Any person contravening any of the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction thereof to a penalty not exceeding $10. No. 27 of 1898, s. 43.
REMUNERATION OF OVERSEER.
44. The remuneration of the overseer shall be fixed at the Remuneration annual meeting but shall not be more than $100 nor less than of overseer $15 together with 24 per cent. of all taxes collected by him and the overseer may retain his said remuneration at the expiration of his term of office out of the moneys then in his hands. No. 27 of 1898, s. 44.
45. At the expiration of the term of office of any overseer Audit of or upon his ceasing to hold office for any cause all books, books, etc., accounts, records, lists, vouchers, moneys and other property of and delivery to the village shall be examined ly the auditor and handed over to the successor in office of such overseer; the auditor shall Auditor to make a full report thereon to the next meeting of the voters. No. 27 of 1898, s. 45.
OFFENCES AND PENALTIES.
46. Any overseer neglecting or refusing to render a true Penalties and correct account as and when required herein or refusing or neglecting to hand over to his successor in office any property of the village as directed by the foregoing section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a penalty not exceeding $50.
(2) Any overseer neglecting or refusing to discharge any other duties under this Ordinance shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a penalty not exceeding S25.
(3) Any person contravening any provision of this Ordinance for which contravention no penalty is therein provided or any judgment, order or regulation given or made under this Ordinance, shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a penalty not exceeding $25.
(4) Fines imposed for the infraction of this Ordinance or of Disposition any regulation inade hereunder shall be paid to the overseer to form part of the village funds. No. 27 of 1898. 9. 46.
Provisions respecting prevention of tire and disease to apply to hamlets
47. The provisions of this Ordinance respecting prevention of fire and disease shall as well as to villages existing hereunder apply to every place in which five or more occupied dwellings are within any area not exceeding half a square inile and which is not included within the limits of an incorporated town or city. No. 27 of 1898, s. 47.
TITLE TO REAL ESTATE.
Real estate to
48. The title of any real estate owned or purchased or otherwise acquired by any village shall be vested in the Lieutenant Governor who shall hold the same for the purposes of the village. No. 27 of 1898, s. 48.
ALTERATION OF BOUNDARIES.
Alteration of boundaries
49. The Lieutenant Governor in Council may alter the boundaries of any village and add or take from the area of the same. No. 27 of 1898, s 49.
NOTICE OF MEETINGS,
Publication of notices
50. Any notice required by this Ordinance for calling meetings may be published in any newspaper published in such village instead of being posted as elsewhere provided herein. No. 27 of 1898, s. 50.
I A.B., hereby declare that I am of the full age of twentyone years; that I reside within the village of
and that I possess, hold or occupy land within the said village and (in case of a female I am an unmarried woman or a widow as the case may be.)
returning officer for the village of
make oath that the record of votes hereto attached signed by me is a true record of the votes given at the election of an overseer for the said village held on the day of
1 when was duly elected overseer for the said village. Sworn before me at this
are held and tirmly bound unto His Honour the Lieutenant Governor of the North West Territories each in the sum of three hundred dollars of good and lawful money of Canada to be paid by each of us to the said Lieutenant Governor for which payment well and truly to be made we severally bind ourselves and our respective heirs. Sealed with our seals. Dated the
day of 1 WHEREAS under the provisions of The Village Ordinance
was, on the day of
duly elected to the office of overseer in the village of
Now the condition of this obligation is such that if the said
shall at all times until his successor in such office is duly appointed according to law, keep, fulfil, observe and comply with all and every provision of the said Ordinance to which the said
as such overseer is or shall be subject and truly and faithfully, whenever required by law, so to do, renders account and delivery of all moneys and property of any nature which may or but for the default of the said
would have come into his hands as such overseer and if the said in all respects faithfully performs his duty as such overseer in said village, then this obligation shall be void but otherwise shall remain in full force and virtue. Signed, sealed and delivered in
[Seal] the presence of
AFFIDAVIT OF JUSTIFICATION TO BE INDORSED ON BOND.
the sureties in the within bond named, do severally make oath and say as follows: 1. I, the said
for myself say that I am worth property situate in the North-West Territories to the value of three hundred dollars over and above what will pay all my just debts and over and above the exemptions allowed by law. 2. And I the said
for myself say that I am worth property situate in the North-West Territories to the value of three hundred dollars over and above what will pay all my just debts and over and above the exemptions allowed
The above named and
were severally sworn before me at
this day of
N.P. or J.P.
An Ordinance respecting Local Improvement.
HE Lieutenant Governor, by and with the advice and
enacts as follows:
1. This Ordinance may be cited as The Local Improvement Short title Ordinance. No. 10 of 1897, s. 1; No. 28 of 1898, s. 19.
2. In this Ordinance, unless the context otherwise requires- Interpretation
1. The expression “resident” means any owner or occupant “Resident" of land, over eighteen years of age, residing in the area established or proposed to be established as a local improvement district;
2. The expression “person” includes corporations, joint stock “Person" companies and partnerships ;
3. The expression “year means the twelve months com- " Year" mencing on the fifteenth day of March in any year and ending on the fourteenth day of March in the following year (both days inclusive); 4. The expression “commissioner" means the commissioner sioner
Commisof public works ; 5. The expression “district” means any local improvement “District "
“ district organised or constituted as such at the date of the coming into force of this Ordinance and any local improvement district hereafter organised or constituted under the provisions hereof;
6. The expression “overseer” means the overseer of a local “Overseer" improvement district duly elected or appointed under the provisions of this Ordinance. No. 10 of 1897, s. 2; No. 28 of 1898, s. 1.
ORGANISATION AND REORGANISATION.
3. The Lieutenant Governor in Council may by Order What districts (notice of which shall be published in the official gazette) con- Organised stitute any portion of the Territories into a district and give the same à distinctive number :
Provided that no part of a district shall be within the limits of a municipality or village created under The Village Ordinance;
Provided also that no district shall be erected unless there shall be a population residing within such proposed district in the proportion of one resident to each three square miles of area;