Moral Rights in Our Copyright Laws: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Patents, Copyrights, and Trademarks of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, One Hundred First Congress, First Session, on S. 1198 ... and S. 1253 ... June 20, September 20, and October 24, 1989, 4. sējums
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. Subcommittee on Patents, Copyrights, and Trademarks
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1990 - 1265 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
addition agency agree agreement alterations amended American artists assignment Association authorship Berne bill black and white California Chairman changes claim color commissioned commissioning party Company concern Congress considered contract contributions Convention copy Copyright Act copyright law Copyright Office Corporation Court cover created creative creators DECONCINI definition directors effect employee example existing federal film freelance give Guild hearing hire hire agreements illustrations important individual industry integrity intent interest issue joint legislation limited magazine material moral rights motion pictures negotiate noted object original owner ownership parties person photographer practice prepared present producer proposed protection publishers question reason received record Register Report represents requirement result Senator signed standard statement statute Subcommittee technologies television testimony United visual work-for-hire writers written York
436. lappuse - work made for hire" is defined as: (1 ) "a work prepared by an employee within the scope of his or her employment"; or (2) " a work specially ordered or commissioned for use as a contribution to a collective work, as...
30. lappuse - American law contains similar genes. ^Independently of the author's economic rights, and even after the transfer of the said rights, the author shall have the right to claim authorship of the work and to object to any distortion, mutilation or other modification of, or other derogatory action in relation to, the said work, which would be prejudicial to his honor or reputation.
646. lappuse - It would be a dangerous undertaking for persons trained only to the law to constitute themselves final judges of the worth of pictorial illustrations, outside of the narrowest and most obvious limits. At the one extreme some works of genius would be sure to miss appreciation. Their very novelty would make them repulsive until the public had learned the new language in which their author spoke.
65. lappuse - In the case of a work made for hire, the employer or other person for whom the work was prepared is considered the author for purposes of this title, and, unless the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in a written instrument signed by them, owns all of the rights comprised in the copyright.
571. lappuse - ... a work specially ordered or commissioned for use as a contribution to a collective work, as a part of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, as a translation, as a supplementary work, as a compilation, as an instructional text, as a test, as answer material for a test, or as an atlas, if the parties expressly agree in a written instrument signed by them that the work shall be considered a work made for hire.
615. lappuse - The ownership of a copyright may be transferred in whole or in part by any means of conveyance or by operation of law, and may be bequeathed by will or pass as personal property by the applicable laws of intestate succession.
7. lappuse - January 1, 1978, subsists from its creation and, except as provided by the following subsections, endures for a term consisting of the life of the author and fifty years after the author's death.
249. lappuse - The economic philosophy behind the clause empowering Congress to grant patents and copyrights is the conviction that encouragement of individual effort by personal gain is the best way to advance public welfare through the talents of authors and inventors in "Science and useful Arts.
307. lappuse - Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the US Copyright Law...