Inland Waterways Corporation. Hearings ... on H.R. 328, H.R. 4878, and H.R. 429 ... June 14, 15, 20, and 23, 1949
1949 - 263 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
able additional amendment American Waterways Operators appear Association authorized bargeload BECKWORTH believe benefit bill capital carload carried carriers Chairman City Commerce Commission committee commodities companies competition complete concerned Congress connection continue cost disposed effect efficient equipment existing facilities fact Federal Barge Lines feel freight give going Government handling HARRIS improved increase industry INGERSOLL Inland Waterways Corporation interest joint legislation less less-than-bargeload loss Louis matter ment Mississippi River Mississippi Valley Missouri move navigation Orleans percent period pioneering ports possible present president private enterprise private operators profit proposed question rail railroads rates reason reference rehabilitation represent result ROGERS saving Secretary Senator served ship shippers statement STRONG substantially SULLIVAN Tennessee terminal thing tion tonnage tons traffic United water transportation
35. lappuse - Congress to promote, encourage, and develop water transportation, service, and facilities In connection with the commerce of the United States, and to foster and preserve in full vigor both rail and water transportation.
133. lappuse - States and the duly authorized officials thereof; and to encourage fair wages and equitable working conditions; all to the end of developing, coordinating, and preserving a national transportation system by water, highway, and rail, as well as other means, adequate to meet the needs of the commerce of the United States, of the Postal Service, and of the national defense. All of the provisions of this Act. shall be administered and enforced with a view to carrying out the above declaration of...
11. lappuse - Territories, or by any person controlled or supervised by and acting as an instrumentality of the Government of the United States pursuant to authority granted by the Congress of the United States...
2. lappuse - States for or on account of such stock shall be issued by the corporation to the Secretary of the Treasury and shall be evidence of the stock ownership of the United States.
135. lappuse - In an appearance before the subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives...
3. lappuse - An Act to expedite the provision of housing in connection with national defense, and for other purposes", approved October 14, 1940, as amended, is amended by inserting before the period at the end thereof a colon and the following: "Provided further, That...
5. lappuse - ... approved September 7, 1916, as amended, shall extend to persons given employment under the provisions of this act. SEC. 4. Except as otherwise specifically provided in this act, the Corporation (a) Shall have succession in its corporate name. (b) May sue and be sued in its corporate name. (c) May adopt and use a corporate seal, which shall be judicially noticed.
2. lappuse - Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That Section 2 of the Act entitled "An Act to supplement existing laws against unlawful restraints and monopolies, and for other purposes," approved October 15, 1914, as amended (USC, title 15, sec.
37. lappuse - Corporation; and be it further "Resolved, That copies of this resolution be sent to the Members of the United States Senate and House of Representatives from the upper Midwest area and that they be urged to give this proposed legislation their interest and support.