Published for American Citizens, 1864 - 4 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
able according Agency America appear authority become Britain called cause chief Christian Citizens civil Colonies common compact concerning Confederate Congress considered Constitution correct Court desirable doubt duties effect equal errors established examination excellent exercise existence faith fathers Federal force France give given Government granted Grotius honor human important independent individual institutions interest International Law judge justice King land Law of Nations learned less liberty Lord means ment Monarchy nature necessary never North object observed opinion party peace persons political possessed practice present principles privilege probably proper protect prove question reason regard Republic Republican Right of Command seems separate South Sovereign Sovereignty teachings territory theory things tion true truth understand Union United views West whole wisdom wise writer wrong
184. lappuse - Israel ? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
188. lappuse - What shall we then say to these things ? If God be for us, who can be against us ? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
114. lappuse - On this question of principle, while actual suffering was yet afar off, they raised their flag against a power, to which, for purposes of foreign conquest and subjugation, Rome, in the height of her glory, is not to be compared ; a power which has dotted over the surface of the whole globe with her possessions and military posts, whose morning drum-beat, following the sun, and keeping company with the hours, circles the earth with one continuous and unbroken strain of the martial airs of England.
184. lappuse - I blessed the Most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation : and all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
189. lappuse - Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
11. lappuse - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
181. lappuse - Give me understanding, And I shall keep Thy law ; Yea, I shall observe it With my whole heart.
185. lappuse - For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.
154. lappuse - And they do claim, demand, and insist upon all and singular the premises, as their undoubted rights and liberties ; and that no declarations, judgments, doings or proceedings, to the prejudice of the people in any of the said premises, ought in any wise to be drawn hereafter into consequence or example...
185. lappuse - Nay, but O man, who art thou that repliest against God ? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus...