Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
agent agreement alleged amended amount appellant application cause of action certificate charge Civil Procedure claim Company complaint concurred constitution contract corporation court of appeal damages deceased deed defendant defendant's demurrer district attorney district court duty effect entitled error evidence executed fact favor fendant filed finding fraud held injury instruction issue Judge judgment jurisdiction jury land lien Los Angeles County matter ment misjoinder motion municipal negligence nonsuit notice opinion order denying ordinance owner paid parties payment person petition petitioner plaintiff pleaded possession promissory note prosecution Public Utilities Act purchase purpose question quiet title reason received recover rendered Respondent rule San Francisco sheriff statement statute statute of frauds sufficient Superior Court supreme court surety sustained testified testimony therein thereof tiff tion tract transaction trial court Unlawful Detainer verdict witness
543. lappuse - Parties or assignors of parties to an action or proceeding, or persons in whose behalf an action or proceeding is prosecuted, against an executor or administrator upon a claim, or demand against the estate of a deceased person, as to any matter of fact occurring before the death of such deceased person.
112. lappuse - There must be reasonable evidence of negligence; but where the thing is shown to be under the management of the defendant or his servants, and the accident is such as in the ordinary course of things does not happen if those who have the management use proper care, it affords reasonable evidence, in the absence of explanation by the defendant, that the accident arose from want of care.
253. lappuse - ... nothing in this Act contained shall in any way abridge or alter the remedies now existing at common law or by statute, but the provisions of this Act are in addition to such remedies...
94. lappuse - Every act shall embrace but one subject and matters properly connected therewith; which subject shall be expressed in the title. But if any subject shall be embraced in an act, which shall not be expressed in the title, such act shall be void only as to so much thereof as shall not be expressed in the title.
696. lappuse - Of all civil causes of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction; saving to suitors, in all cases, the right of a common,law remedy, where the common law is competent to give it Fourth.
638. lappuse - For the breach of an obligation not arising from contract, the measure of damages, except where otherwise expressly provided by this code, is the amount which will compensate for all the detriment proximately caused thereby, whether it could have been anticipated or not.
469. lappuse - A malicious and guilty intent, from the deliberate commission of an unlawful act, for the purpose of injuring another; 2.
245. lappuse - That it shall be unlawful for any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act to charge or receive any greater compensation in the aggregate for the transportation of passengers, or of like kind of property, for a shorter than for a longer distance...
168. lappuse - In cases of uncertainty not removed by the preceding rules, the language of a contract should be interpreted most strongly against the party who caused the uncertainty to exist.
663. lappuse - Every person who has actual notice of circumstances sufficient to put a prudent man upon inquiry as to a particular fact, has constructive notice of the fact itself in all cases in which, by prosecuting such inquiry, he might have learned such fact.