Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accept according acts admits Ahriman already ancient angels animals Anquetil antiquity appears attributes believe body Burnouf called century chapters character collection complete contrary created creation creative Verb creature darkness Debistan Desatir divine doctrine dogmas earth elements epoch equal especially eternal evil existence explain expressed fact faith fire followed gives Greek heavens holy Honover human idea India intelligence interpretation Invoke Iran justice king knowledge language least less light lived material means moral nature necessary once opinion original Ormuzd Parsis passage period Perse Persian philosophic prayers present principle produced prophet pure question reason reign religion religious remain represented sacred Sanscrit sect sense shows simply soul spirit stars texts things thought tion traditions translation true truth universe Verb views whole word Zend Zend-Avesta Zoroaster Zoroaster's
69. lappuse - ... in like manner the first intelligence conceived three objects, namely, the second intelligence, the soul of the upper sphere, and the body of the same heaven; in like manner, the second intelligence conceived three objects, and so on in succession to the elements and their combinations; and this is exactly as when we form an idea of a city, with its palaces, gardens, and inhabitants, which in reality have no existence external to our imagination ; so that, consequently, the existence of this...
16. lappuse - Being (Zerana-Akerana) now determined, in order to destroy the evil which Ahriman had caused, to create the visible world by Ormazd ; and he fixed its duration at twelve thousand years. This was divided into four periods of three thousand years each. In the first period Ormazd should rule alone; in the second Ahriman should begin to operate, but still be subordinate ; in the third they should both rule together ; and in the fourth Ahriman should have the ascendency.
iv. lappuse - But the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.
104. lappuse - Word, or utters it when he remembers it, or sings it when he utters it, 1 will lead his soul thrice across the bridge of the better world, to the better existence, to the better truth, to the better days. ... I pronounced this Speech which contains the Word and its working to accomplish the creation of this heaven ; before the creation of the water, of the earth, of the tree, of the four-footed cow, before the birth of the truthful man who walks upon two feet.
42. lappuse - LESSONS ON THE OLD TESTAMENT. LESSON I. THE CREATION. GENESIS, CHAP. I. THE object of this sublime account of the creation was to teach the great truth which lies at the foundation of all true religion, that there is but one God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and by whom and through whom all things subsist. At the' time when Moses wrote, the true God was almost unknown.
123. lappuse - ... proudly we shall presume to condemn that which we understand not ; lest that doing the contrary, the malediction pronounced by Isaiah fall upon us, where he saith, " Wo be to him that reasoneth with his Maker, the vessel of clay with the potter ! Doth the clay say to the potter, What makest thou ? and, thy work hath no hands ! Wo be to him that saith to his father, What begettest thou ?" (Isa. xlv.) Page 57. Christ Jesus, in that his most solemn and most comfortable prayer, (John xvii.) after...