Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activities additional Administration aged agencies amended American amount applicant appropriate areas Association authorized benefits bill centers changes Committee Community Action companies Congress continue contributions costs County coverage covered Department determined Economic Education effective elderly eligibility employment established existing expenses experience F F F fact Federal financing funds Government grants health insurance hearings hospital housing improve income increase individual institutions Kerr-Mills legislation less limited living major means medical assistance meet Michigan million month nursing home Office old-age assistance older older persons operation Opportunity organizations payments percent period persons policies premium present problems projects proposed receive recipients recommendations relatives residence responsibility result retirement Secretary Senate senior citizens social security subcommittee tion Welfare workers York
71. lappuse - Each member shall hold office for a term of three years, except that any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed for the remainder of such term, and...
68. lappuse - Secretary thereupon shall file in the court the record of the proceedings on which he based his action, as provided in section 2112 of title 28, United States Code. Upon the filing of such petition, the court shall have jurisdiction to affirm the action of the Secretary or to set it aside, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanetly, but until the filing of the record, the Secretary may modify or set aside his order.
9. lappuse - The United States can achieve its full economic and social potential as a nation only if every individual has the opportunity to contribute to the full extent of his capabilities and to participate in the workings of our society. It is, therefore, the policy of the United States to eliminate the paradox of poverty in the midst of plenty in this Nat1on by opening to everyone the opportunity for education and training, the opportunity to work, and the opportunity to live in decency and dignity.
68. lappuse - Commissioner under subsection (b) or (c) may appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the circuit in which the State is located, by filing a petition with such court within sixty days after such final action.
68. lappuse - Secretary may thereupon make new or modified findings of the fact and may modify his previous action, and shall file in the court the record of the further proceedings. Such new or modified findings of fact shall likewise be conclusive if supported by substantial evidence.
67. lappuse - State agency will make such reports in such form and containing such information as the Secretary may from time to time reasonably require, and will keep such records and afford such access thereto as the Secretary may find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports...
80. lappuse - July 1, 1953, provide, if the plan includes payments to individuals in private or public institutions, for the establishment or designation of a State authority or authorities which shall be responsible for establishing and maintaining standards for such institutions...
71. lappuse - Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, including travel time, and while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in the Government service employed intermittently.
79. lappuse - State law in behalf of, needy individuals who are sixty-five years of age or older, but does not include (1) any such payments to or care in behalf of any individual who is an inmate of a public institution (except as a patient in a medical institution) or any individual who is a patient in an institution for tuberculosis or mental diseases...