Employment Problems of Older Workers: Hearings Before the Select Subcommitte on Labor ... Eighty-ninth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 10634 and Similar Bills, to Establish a National Commission on Older Workers, 1-2. sējumi
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1966
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities administration age limits agencies applicants average basis become benefits bill Bureau Chairman Commission committee concerned Congress consideration continue cost covered deal Department of Labor discrimination economic effect employed employers employment establishments experience fact factor Federal force give going Government hearings hiring important income increase individual industry interest kind Labor legislation less major means ment O'HARA occupations older workers operation opportunities organization pension plans percent performance period persons physical practices present problem productivity question reason recent reduced Representatives requirements respect result retirement Secretary WIRTZ Senator seniority skills specific statement subcommittee Thank thing tion unemployed union United women younger
8. lappuse - ... for equal work on jobs the performance of which requires equal skill, effort, and responsibility, and which are performed under similar working conditions, except where such payment is made pursuant to (i) a seniority system; (ii) a merit system; (iii) a system which measures earnings by quantity or quality of production; or (iv) a differential based on any other factor other than sex...
13. lappuse - ... (1) The Board, or its duly authorized agents or agencies, shall at all reasonable times have access to, for the purpose of examination, and the right to copy any evidence of any person being investigated or proceeded against that relates to any matter under investigation or in question.
155. lappuse - The Select Subcommittee on Labor of the House Committee on Education and Labor will now stand adjourned until 10 o'clock tomorrow morning in this room.
12. lappuse - Upon receipt of such request it shall be the duty of the chief judge of the circuit...
5. lappuse - employer" means a person engaged in an industry affecting commerce who has twenty-five or more employees for each working day in each of twenty or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year...
11. lappuse - ... shall have jurisdiction of the proceeding and of the question determined therein, and shall have power to make and enter upon the pleadings, testimony, and proceedings set forth in such transcript a decree affirming, modifying, or setting aside the order of the commission or board.
10. lappuse - ... (payable by the employer, employment agency, or labor organization, as the case may be, responsible for the unlawful employment practice), or any other equitable relief as the court deems appropriate.
8. lappuse - ... preferential treatment to any individual or to any group because of the race, color, religion, sex, or national origin of such individual or group on account of an imbalance which may exist with respect to the total number or percentage of persons of any race, color, religion, sex, or national origin employed by any employer, referred or classified for employment by...
314. lappuse - I hereby declare that it is the policy of the Executive Branch of the Government that (1) contractors and subcontractors engaged in the performance of Federal contracts shall not, in connection with the employment, advancement, or discharge of employees, or in connection with the terms, conditions, or privileges of their employment, discriminate against persons because of their age...
7. lappuse - It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer (1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin...