Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action alleged allowed amended amount answer application appropriation argument assessment attorney authority bankruptcy bill brought cars cause charge church Circuit Court claim clerk Congress considered Constitution construction contained contract copy corporation costs counsel Court of Appeals decided decision decree defendant determined direct dismissed District effect entered entitled evidence facts Federal filed final funds further give given granted ground hearing held improvement Indian interest issue judge judgment jurisdiction JUSTICE land libel limitation March matter ment Michigan Missouri motion notice objection operating Opinion original owner party patent person petition petitioner plaintiff in error present printed proceedings question railroad railway reasonable record reference rendered respondent rule schools Stat statement statute suit Supreme Court taken term thereof tion trial trustee United unless Wall writ
263. lappuse - ... procured or suffered a judgment to be entered against himself in favor of any person, or made a transfer of any of his property, and the effect of the enforcement of such judgment or transfer will be to enable any one of his creditors to obtain a greater percentage of his debt than any other of such creditors of the same class.
263. lappuse - It may be that it is the obnoxious thing in its mildest and least repulsive form; but illegitimate and unconstitutional practices get their first footing in that way, namely, by silent approaches and slight deviations from legal modes of procedure.
237. lappuse - And the said records and judicial proceedings, so authenticated, shall have such faith and credit given to them in every court within the United States, as they have by law or usage in the courts of the state from which they are taken...
51. lappuse - ... to compel their children, male and female, between the ages of six and sixteen years, to attend school ; and it is hereby made the duty of the agent for said Indians to see that this stipulation is strictly complied with ; and the United States agrees that for every thirty children between said ages who can be induced or compelled to attend school, a house shall be provided and a teacher competent to teach the elementary branches of an English education shall be furnished, who will reside among...
500. lappuse - March 3, 1891,z the plaintiff in error or appellant shall file with the clerk of the court below, with his petition for the writ of error or appeal, an assignment of errors, which shall set out separately and particularly each error asserted and intended to be urged.
27. lappuse - ... to enter with the register of the land office for the district in which such land may lie, by legal subdivisions, any number of acres not exceeding one hundred and sixty, or a quarter section of land, to include the residence of such claimant, upon paying to the United States the minimum price of such land...
365. lappuse - ... the sole liberty of printing, reprinting, publishing, completing, copying executing, finishing, and vending the same...
491. lappuse - In cases of reversal of any judgment or decree in this court, costs shall be allowed to the plaintiff in error or appellant, unless otherwise ordered by the court. The cost of the transcript of the record from the court below shall be a part of such costs, and be taxable in that court as costs in the case.
390. lappuse - ... the price or premium to be paid for insuring property against loss or damage by fire...