Copyright Royalty Tribunal and U.S. Copyright Office: Oversight Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Courts, Civil Liberties, and the Administration of Justice of the Committee on the Judiciary, Ninety-ninth Congress, First Session ... May 1, 1985
United States. Congress. House. Committee on the Judiciary. Subcommittee on Courts, Civil Liberties, and the Administration of Justice
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1985 - 323 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
adjustment administrative agency appeal application asked believe broadcasting cable cable systems called Chairman claimants claims collected Commission Commissioners Committee compulsory license concerning considered copy Copyright Office copyright owners Copyright Royalty Tribunal counsel court decision determination direct distant signal distribution effective established evidence examination fact Federal fees files function funds Hall hearing hire House industry infringement interest issues January jukebox KASTENMEIER legislative LIBRARY OF CONGRESS material matter motion musical notice operators opinion parties performance period person phonorecord present problems procedures proceeding proposed published question reasonable received record Register regulations Representatives request respect responsibilities royalty fees rules Senate served specific staff statement Subcommittee submit television testimony tion Title Tribunal's United views Washington witness writing written
204. lappuse - The signature of an attorney constitutes a certificate by him that he has read the pleading; that to the best of his knowledge, information, and belief there is good ground to support it; and that it is not interposed for delay.
136. lappuse - Including functions of the Commission with respect to (1) the appointment and supervision of personnel employed under the Commission, (2) the distribution of business among such personnel and among administrative units of the Commission, and (3) tbe use and expenditure of funds.
220. lappuse - ... shall have any liability as a result of failure of such body or institution to destroy such reproduction: Provided, That it shall have notified such body or institution of the requirement for such destruction pursuant to this clause: And provided further.
155. lappuse - Notwithstanding any provisions of the antitrust laws, for purposes of this clause any claimants may agree among themselves as to the proportionate division of compulsory licensing fees among them, may lump their claims together and file them jointly or as a single claim, or may designate a common agent to receive payment on their behalf.
156. lappuse - performing rights society" is an association or corporation that licenses the public performance of nondramatic musical works on behalf of the copyright owners, such as the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, Broadcast Music, Inc., and SESAC, Inc.
132. lappuse - In carrying out any of his functions under the provisions of this section the Chairman shall be governed by general policies of the Commission and by such regulatory decisions, findings, and determinations as the Commission may by law be authorized to make.
146. lappuse - Any of the district courts of the United States within the jurisdiction of which such inquiry is carried on may, in case of contumacy or refusal to obey a subpoena issued to any...
133. lappuse - The appointment by the Chairman of the heads of major administrative units under the Commission shall be subject to the approval of the Commission.