Supplemental Appropriation Bill, 1975: Hearings Before Subcommittees of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Ninety-third Congress, Second Session
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1974 - 997 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional administration agencies allowance amended amount application appropriation areas assistance Association authorized basis benefits budget centers Chairman cities committee concerned Congress continue contract cost court Department determine direct Director districts economic effect effort equipment estimate evaluation Executive expenses facilities Federal fiscal fiscal year 1975 Flood follows former President funds give going Government grants Health Health Services House improve increase interest kind legislation loans materials ment million months needs Nixon obligations operating payments percent period personnel persons planning positions present Presidential problems procurement projects proposed Public question receive record request responsibility SAMPSON Secretary served specific staff statement STEED studies supplemental things tion United
313. lappuse - local educational agency" means a public board of education or other public authority legally constituted within a State for either administrative control or direction of, or to perform a service function for, public elementary or secondary schools in a city, county, township, school district, or other political subdivision of a State, or such combination of school districts or counties as are recognized in a State as an administrative agency for its puHic elementary or secondary schools.
312. lappuse - Congress hereby declares it to be the policy of the United States to provide financial assistance to local educational agencies to develop and carry out new and imaginative elementary and secondary school programs designed to meet these special educational needs. For the purposes of this title, "children of limited Englishspeaking ability" means children who come from environments where the dominant language is other than English.
635. lappuse - The primary objective of this title is the development of viable urban communities, by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunities, principally for persons of low and moderate income.
631. lappuse - ... shall file such modified or new findings, which findings with respect to questions of fact if supported by substantial evidence on the record considered as a whole shall be conclusive, and shall file its recommendations, if any, for the modification or setting aside of its original order.
126. lappuse - Health Services and Mental Health Administration, US Department of Health, Education, and Welfare.
622. lappuse - ... appropriate for the preservation or restoration of historic sites, the beautification of urban land, the conservation of open spaces, natural resources, and scenic areas, the provision of recreational opportunities, or the guidance of urban development; (D) to be used for the provision of public works, facilities, and improvements eligible for assistance under this title; or (E) to be used for other public purposes...
617. lappuse - Secretary, (i) possesses powers and performs functions comparable to those associated with municipalities, (ii) is closely settled and (iii) contains within its boundaries no incorporated places as defined by the United States Bureau of the Census...
631. lappuse - States with a recommendation that an appropriate civil action be instituted. (-2) Upon such a referral the Attorney General may bring a civil action in any United States district court having venue thereof for such relief as may be appropriate, including an action to recover the. amount of the assistance furnished under this title which was not expended in accordance with it, or for mandatory or injunctive relief.
623. lappuse - ... payment of reasonable administrative costs and carrying charges related to the planning and execution of community development and housing activities, including the provision of information and resources to residents of areas in which community development and housing activities are to be concentrated with respect to the planning and execution of such activities.