Oversight and Reauthorization of Action Agency, 1979: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Select Education of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Ninety-sixth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 2859 ... Held in Washington, D.C.
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1980 - 1719 lappuses
To authorize appropriations for programs under the domestic Volunteer Service Act of 1979, to amend such act to facilitate the improvement of programs carried outthereunder, to authorize urban volunteer programs, and for other purposes.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
ACORN ACTION activities additional administration agency application approved ASHBROOK assistance Association believe Brown called Center Chairman citizens College committee concern consumer continue contract cost counseling County direct Director discussion effective efforts evaluation experience fact Federal FICC funds give going Government groups hearing housing income indicated individuals institutions interest involved issues kind KRAMER learning meeting MILLER months national grants neighborhood operation opportunity organization participants percent period person planning political poor poverty present problems proposal question received record regional request response serve service-learning Simon specific sponsors staff statement TABANKIN talking Thank things tion Type understand University urban VISTA volunteers young
712. lappuse - ... (2) the program will not result in the displacement of employed workers...
561. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
4. lappuse - Union, and ordered to be printed [Strike out all after the enacting clause and insert the part printed In italic] A BILL To amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to increase the minimum wage rates under that Act, to expand the coverage of that Act, and for other purposes. 1...
209. lappuse - Thank you, Mr. Chairman. I have several questions I would like to address to Mr.
340. lappuse - ... with (1) any partisan or nonpartisan political activity or any other political activity associated with a candidate, or contending faction or group, in an election for public or party office, (2) any activity to provide voters or prospective voters with transportation to the polls or similar assistance in connection with any such election, or (3) any voter registration activity.
717. lappuse - I guess what I am trying to find out is whether or not you are not sure, or whether you know for sure that you did not talk to Marge Tabankin about any aspect of your grant prior to its being awarded?
166. lappuse - The purpose of this part is to strengthen and supplement efforts to meet a broad range of human, social, and environmental needs, particularly those related to poverty, by encouraging and enabling persons from all walks of life and from all age groups to perform meaningful and constructive volunteer service in agencies institutions, and situations where the application of human talent and dedication may help to meet such needs.
755. lappuse - ... to strengthen and supplement efforts to eliminate poverty and poverty-related human, social, and environmental problems.
88. lappuse - The employee against whom such civil action or proceeding is brought shall deliver within such time after date of service or knowledge of service as determined by the Attorney General, all process served upon...
87. lappuse - ... ["(2) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person serving as a full-time volunteer under title I of this Act, who was otherwise entitled to receive assistance or services under any governmental program prior to such volunteer's enrollment shall not be denied such assistance or services because of such volunteer's failure or refusal to register for...