Military Construction Appropriations for 1956: General Statements: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Eighty-fourth Congress, First Session
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1955 - 181 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acquisition actually additional Admiral CLARK Admiral PERRY agencies Air Force amount answer appropriation approved Armed Army asking authorization balance barracks bases believe bill Budget building Bureau Chairman Colonel SHULER Command committee complete Congress consideration construction contract Corps correct cost course criteria Davis DEANE Department Discussion DULLES engineering estimate existing facilities family housing field figure fiscal FLOETE Flood follows FULLING funds give going Government included increase indicated installations interested June land Mahon mean ment military MILLER million months Naval Navy obligations operation overseas percent permanent present projects proposed question reason record request requirements SCRIVNER Secretary Secretary STEVENS SHEPPARD Sikes specific standards statement station submitted tell thing tion understand United utilities WHITTEN
19. lappuse - Notwithstanding Section 1415 of the Supplemental Appropriation Act. 1953," or any other provision of law, the President may use or enter into agreements with friendly nations or organizations of nations to use the foreign currencies, including principal and interest from loan repayments, which accrue...
107. lappuse - Pending the making of such a proposal and affirmative action thereon, the United States will have the right to exercise all and any powers of administration, legislation and jurisdiction over the territory and inhabitants of these islands, including their territorial waters.
117. lappuse - Mr. Chairman and members of the committee. I appreciate very much the opportunity to appear before you today in support of the replacement of locks and dam 26.
20. lappuse - Provided, however, That section 1415 of the Supplemental Appropriation Act, 1953, shall apply to all foreign currencies used for grants under subsections (d) and (e) and for payment of United States obligations involving grants under subsection (/) and to not less than 10 per centum of the foreign currencies which accrue under this title...
19. lappuse - For loans to promote multilateral trade and economic development made through established banking facilities of the friendly nation from which the foreign currency was obtained or In any other manner which the President may deem to be appropriate.
19. lappuse - Strategic materials, services, or foreign currencies may be accepted in payment of such loans; (h) For the financing of international educational exchange activities under the programs authorized by section 32 (b) (2) of the Surplus Property Act' of 1944, as amended (50 USC App.
158. lappuse - ... in accordance with Government specifications. In order to achieve this very substantial increase in activities during the year, it was necessary to have the cooperation of all parties involved, including the Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Yards and Docks, the various Air Force Commands, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and the Bureau of the Budget. To show the committee how these funds moved from the appropriation stage to the contracting stage, I will use four charts which indicate the...
5. lappuse - Taking those up one at a time, proper long-range planning for installations and facilities is a fundamental requirement. Our office is furnishing guidance and leadership in this field. There has already been improvement in the composition and method of presentation to the Congress of the public works programs. We...
107. lappuse - Japan will concur in any proposal of the United States to the United Nations to place under its trusteeship system, with the United States as the sole administering authority...
19. lappuse - ... years. All strategic and critical materials acquired under authority of this title shall be placed in the above named supplemental stockpile and may be additional to the amounts acquired under authority of the Strategic and Critical Materials Stockpile Act.