Higher Education Act of 1965: Hearings, Eighty-ninth Congress, First Session
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1965 - 889 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able academic accredited administration agency American amount areas assistance Association authorized believe bill borrowers collection colleges and universities Commissioner committee concerned Congress continuing cooperative cost course Defense Education Act developing effect enrollment example extension facilities fact faculty families Federal funds give going Government graduate grants GREEN high school higher education important income increase institutions interest kind legislation less limited loan loan program Madam Chairman means meet Michigan million National Defense Education Office operation opportunity participate particular payments percent period persons possible present president problems proposed question reason represent responsibility scholarship standards statement suggest teachers teaching things tion United
21. lappuse - Such notes or other obligations shall bear interest at a rate determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, taking into consideration the current average market yield on outstanding marketable obligations of the United States of comparable maturities during the month preceding the issuance of the notes or other obligations.
25. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
12. lappuse - Federal funds paid to the applicant under this section; and (4) provides for making such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the Commissioner may require to carry out his functions under this title, and for keeping such records and for affording such access thereto as the Commissioner may find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports.
21. lappuse - (1) prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this part; "(2) sue and be sued in any court of record of a State having general jurisdiction or in any district court of the United States, and such district courts shall have jurisdiction of civil actions arising under this...
6. lappuse - Commissioner thereupon shall file in the court the record of the proceedings on which he based his action, as provided in section 2112 of title 28, United States Code.
25. lappuse - Education. (b) In administering the provisions of this Act for which he is responsible, the Commissioner is authorized to utilize the services and facilities of any agency of the Federal Government and of any other public or nonprofit agency or institution in accordance with appropriate agreements, and to pay for such services either in advance or by way of reimbursement, as may be agreed upon.
5. lappuse - State, local, and private school funds ; (6) sets forth such fiscal control and fund accounting procedures as may be necessary to assure proper disbursement of, and accounting for, Federal funds paid to the State (including...
93. lappuse - Mr. Chairman and members of the subcommittee, I appreciate very much the opportunity to appear before you today on a matter which I consider to be of utmost importance to Fort Benning, Ga.
22. lappuse - For purposes of this subsection, the Commissioner shall publish a list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies or associations which he determines to be reliable authority as to the quality of training offered.