Supplemental Appropriation Bill, 1962: Hearings Before the Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Eighty-seventh Congress, First Session
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1961 - 933 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities actual additional administrative agencies amendments amount applications appropriation areas asked assistance authority average basis benefits bill budget building Bureau Chairman committee communications Congress construction contract COOMBS correct cost Department Director economic effect employees equipment estimate existing expenses facilities Federal field figure financing fiscal follows funds give going Government grants hospitals housing important increase industry interest JENSEN Jonas justification land limitation loans located look mean ment million months obligations operations percent personnel persons planning positions present President problems projects proposed question record regional regular request responsibility result ROONEY salaries Secretary space staff statement supplemental supply things THOMAS tion transportation United University
249. lappuse - National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958". DECLARATION OF POLICY AND PURPOSE SEC. 102. (a) The Congress hereby declares that it is the policy of the United States that activities in space should be devoted to peaceful purposes for the benefit of all mankind.
606. lappuse - CENTER officially known as the Center for Cultural and Technical Interchange Between East and West is a national educational institution established in Hawaii by the US Congress in 1960 to promote better relations and understanding between the United States and the nations of Asia and the Pacific through cooperative study, training, and research.
234. lappuse - Commission the loan involved is at a rate of interest which is unreasonably high ; "(3) if the terms of such loan permit full repayment more than fifteen years after the date thereof; or "(4) unless the Commission finds that the prospective earning power of the applicant carrier, together with the character and value of the security pledged, if any, furnish reasonable assurance of the applicant's ability to repay the loan within the time fixed therefor and reasonable protection to the United States.
408. lappuse - Practicable means of treating municipal sewage and other waterborne wastes to remove the maximum possible amounts of physical, chemical, and biological pollutants in order to restore and maintain the maximum amount of the Nation's water at a quality suitable for repeated reuse...
212. lappuse - The National Academy of Sciences - National Research Council is a private, non-profit organization of scientists dedicated to the furtherance of science and its use for the general welfare.
424. lappuse - In the survey or planning of any reservoir by the Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Reclamation, or other Federal agency, consideration shall be given to inclusion of storage for regulation of streamflow...
834. lappuse - It is a privilege for me to have this opportunity to appear before you to discuss the Navy's antisubmarine warfare program.
610. lappuse - Funding (a) There are authorized to be appropriated to the President, to remain available until expended, such sums as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this title.
295. lappuse - Welfare shall provide assistance, including financial assistance when necessary, to the appropriate State vocational educational agency in the provision of such additional facilities or services. If the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare finds that the State vocational educational agency is unable to provide the facilities and services needed, he may, after consultation with such agency, provide for the same by agreement or...
299. lappuse - redevelopment areas" (1) those areas in which he determines, upon the basis of standards generally comparable with those set forth in paragraphs (A) and (B), that there has existed substantial and persistent unemployment for an extended period of time.