To Guarantee Bonds of Home Owner's Loan Corporation: Hearings Before the Committee on Banking and Currency, House of Representatives, Seventy-third Congress, Second Session, on H. R. 8403 (S. 2999) a Bill to Guarantee Bonds of Home Owners' Loan Corporation, to Amend Home Owners' Loan Act of 1933, and for Other Purposes. March 7, 8, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 1934
U.S. Government print. of., 1934 - 142 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
accept additional administration amendment amount applications appraisal attention authorized banks bill Board bonds borrower Brown building and loan Busby carry cash CHAIRMAN charge committee Congress Congressman consideration course covered deal default difference discussion distress effect exchange extend fact Fahey Federal feel figures financing funds give going GOLDSBOROUGH Government guarantee Home Loan Bank Home Owners houses institutions interest issued kind KOPPLEMANN legislation letter limit loan associations Loan Corporation LUCE MARSH matter mean Michigan months mortgage mortgagor obligation operations original paid payments percent period placed position possible present principal proposal provision purchase question reason received referred REILLY REPRESENTATIVES retirement RUSSELL savings Secretary seems shares situation sort statement STEVENSON subsection suggest taken thing tion Treasury trying understand United
1. lappuse - Corporation shall be unable to pay upon demand, when due, the principal of, or interest on. such bonds, the Secretary of the Treasury shall pay to the holder the amount thereof which is hereby authorized to be appropriated out of any moneys in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, and thereupon to the extent of the amount so paid the Secretary of the Treasury shall succeed to all the rights of the holders of such bonds.
1. lappuse - States, and such guaranty shall be expressed on the face thereof, and such bonds shall be lawful investments, and may be accepted as security, for all fiduciary, trust, and public funds, the investment or deposit of which shall be under the authority or control of the United States or any officer or officers thereof.
95. lappuse - ... makes any statement knowing it to be false, or whoever willfully overvalues any security, for the purpose of obtaining for himself or...
1. lappuse - Secretary of the Treasury may at any time sell any of the notes or other obligations acquired by him under this subsection.
132. lappuse - But neither property rights nor contract rights are absolute; for government cannot exist if the citizen may at will use his property to the detriment of his fellows, or exercise his freedom of contract to work them harm. Equally fundamental with the private right is that of the public to regulate it in the common interest.
1. lappuse - Treasury is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued under such Act, as amended, are extended to include any purchases of such notes and obligations.
1. lappuse - ... shall be issued in such manner and sold at such prices, as may be prescribed by the corporation, with the approval of the Secretary of the Treasury.
52. lappuse - Corporation for a loan, whether bond or cash except ordinary fees authorized and required by the Corporation for services actually rendered for examination and perfection of title, appraisal, and like necessary services.
1. lappuse - The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations of the Commissioner issued under this title and for such purpose is authorized to use as a public-debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended...
3. lappuse - ... appropriated, out of any money in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, the sum of $100,000,000, to be immediately available and to remain available until expended. Each such association shall issue receipts for such payments by the Secretary of the Treasury in such form as may be approved by the...