Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action Address advertising American Authorities beautiful better Brother Brotherhood brush building cent Chas Chicago City Cleveland color Company Council Enamel fact finish Floor Floor Surfacing Frank FUND give Gold granted hand hard increase industry Initiation Fees interests January John Johnson's Journal keep labor LAMMERT lead living Local Union look Machine Mass matter ment month N. Y. Bro Name Ohio operation organized P. C. Tax paint Painter and Decorator Panama past poisoning President protection reason Receipts received spray stand Street Supplies thing tion trade Union United Universal Varnish wage wall Wood Wood Finishing workers York
103. lappuse - ABOU BEN ADHEM (may his tribe increase!) Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace, And saw within the moonlight in his room, Making it rich and like a lily in bloom, An angel writing in a book of gold: Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold, And to the presence in the room he said, "What writest thou?" The vision raised its head, And, with a look made of all sweet accord, Answered, "The names of those who love the Lord.
567. lappuse - I would beget content," says Izaak Walton, "and increase confidence in the power and wisdom and providence of Almighty God, I will walk the meadows by some gliding stream, and there contemplate the lilies that take no care, and those very many other little living creatures that are not only created, but fed (man knows not how) by the goodness of the God of nature, and therefore trust in him.
325. lappuse - If you think you're outclassed, you are; You've got to think high to rise. You've got to be sure of yourself before You can ever win a prize. Life's battles don't always go To the stronger or faster man; But soon or late the man who wins Is the one who thinks he can.
325. lappuse - WHEN Freedom from her mountain height Unfurled her standard to the air, She tore the azure robe of night. And set the stars of glory there. She mingled with its gorgeous dyes The milky baldric of the skies, And striped its pure celestial white With streakings of the morning light; Then from his mansion in the sun She called her eagle bearer down, And gave into his mighty hand The symbol of her chosen land.
210. lappuse - IDEALS ARE LIKE STARS. YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED IN TOUCHING THEM WITH YOUR HANDS, BUT LIKE THE SEA-FARING MAN ON THE DESERT OF WATERS. YOU CHOOSE THEM AS YOUR GUIDES AND FOLLOWING THEM, YOU REACH YOUR DESTINY.
251. lappuse - It ain't the guns nor armament, nor funds that they can pay, But the close cooperation that makes them win the day; It ain't the individual, nor the army as a whole, But the everlastin' teamwork of every bloomin
3. lappuse - My native country, thee, Land of the noble free, Thy name I love : I love thy rocks and rills, Thy woods and templed hills ; My heart with rapture thrills Like that above.
251. lappuse - At the same time, the candid citizen must confess that if the policy of the Government upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court, the instant they are made in ordinary litigation between parties in personal actions, the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned their Government into the hands of that eminent tribunal.
103. lappuse - Nay, not so." Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low, But cheerly still; and said, "I pray thee, then, Write me as one that loves his fellow-men." The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night It came again with a great wakening light, And showed the names whom love of God had blessed, And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest!
460. lappuse - We can only have the highest happiness, such as goes along with being a great man, by having wide thoughts, and much feeling for the rest of the world as well as ourselves; and this sort of happiness often brings so much pain with it that we can only tell it from pain by its being what we would choose before everything else, because our souls see it is good.