« iepriekšējāTurpināt »
COMMITTEE ON FINANCE
EUGENE D. MILLIKIN, Colorado, Chairman
ROBERT A. TAFT, Ohio
WALTER F. GEORGE, Georgia
HARRY FLOOD BYRD, Virginia
EDWIN C. JOHNSON, Colorado
SHERWOOD B. STANLEY, Clerk
Chapter I. Foreign credits and other financial aid by the United States
World War I indebtedness of foreign governments to the
The German debt, World War (1917-21).
Foreign credits 1934 to July 1, 1947.
International Monetary Fund and the International
Bank for Reconstruction and Development---.
B. Other financial assistance to foreign countries_
C. Installations and surplus property abroad..
Chapter II. International investment position of the United States and
gold reserves of foreign countries (items 1, 4, 5, 6, and 16)_
C. United States securities and other long-term assets of countries
participating in the European recovery program__
Chapter III. Status of American investments in foreign countries (item 7).
Establishment of and participation in corporations.......
C. Default status of private United States loans to foreign countries--
Chapter IV. National debt, revenue, and income (items 10, 11, 12, 13,
Average interest rate for United States Government borrowing...
Chapter V. Balances of payments of the United States (items 9 and 15) – –
A. Balance of payments of the United States-
B. American loans and grants to foreign countries in the international
2. Other financial assistance to foreign countries by the United States
Government, through June 30, 1947..
3. Principal amount of obligations of foreign governments originally
acquired under the various acts of Congress_
4. World War I debt owed the United States, as of July 1, 1947.
5. Principal and interest computed at the rates specified in debt agree-
ments with foreign governments, credit allowances, cash payments,
6. Principal of debt as funded, interest funded, and amount to be received
over funding period on account of principal and interest_ --
7. Dates of moratorium agreements, amounts postponed, and payments
8. Total payments received on account of indebtedness of foreign govern-
9. Summary of receipts by fiscal years-
10. Indebtedness of Germany under the funding and moratorium agree-
ments of June 23, 1930, and May 26, 1932 _ _
11. Status of foreign credits of the United States Government, by agency,
by type of credit, and by country, as of June 30, 1945, and as of June
30, 1947, and activity since July 1, 1945-
12. Loans to foreign governments and entities, by country, by agency,
13. Property credits to foreign governments and entities, by country, by
agency, and by status, July 1, 1940, through June 30, 1947--
14. Advances to foreign governments and entities, by country, by agency,
15. Financial assistance (other than loans and credits), by country, by
agency, and by type of transaction, July 1, 1940, through June 30,
16. Cost of State Department property in foreign countries to which title
was acquired before December 31, 1946.
17. Property in Europe, declared surplus by United States agencies, re-
maining for disposal as of September 30, 1947-
18. Estimated value of American-owned assets in foreign countries, by
government and private categories, end of 1946--
19. Estimated value of American-owned assets in foreign countries, July 1,
20. Estimated value of American-owned assets in foreign countries, 1933-
21. Estimated value of American-owned assets in foreign countries, 1940-
22. Value of American-owned assets in foreign countries, May 31, 1943--
23. Estimated value of American-owned assets in foreign countries, end of
24. Estimated value of foreign-owned United States assets, July 1, 1914__
25. Value of foreign-owned United States assets, middle of 1937.
26. Value of foreign-owned United States assets, June 14, 1941.
27. Estimated value of foreign-owned United States assets, end of 1946--
28. Gold and United States assets owned in foreign countries, June 30,
29. Gold and short-term dollar resources of foreign countries, as of June
30. Status of publicly offered foreign dollar bonds, as of December 31,
31. Per capita tax burden, debt burden, and national income of the United
States and of foreign countries, and ratio of taxes to national in-
32. Internal and external public debt of foreign countries, 1939 and 1946.
33. Population and exchange rates used in preparation of table 39-
34. Current yields of foreign government bonds, as of August 1947.
35. Total public debt of the United States outstanding, classified by issuer,
36. Estimated ownership of all interest-bearing securities by governmental
units in the United States, June 30, 1939, to June 30, 1946--