Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
adjourned Albany amended by chap amount application appointed approved authorized avenue ballast Board of Railroad bonds bridge Brooklyn City Railroad Brooklyn Heights Brooklyn Heights Railroad Buffalo capital stock Central and Hudson certificate charge commission common carrier complaint condition Coney Island consent construction copy crossing directors East Moriches electrical trolley system employes engine Erie fare filed franchises freight Gloversville grade grade crossings granted hearing hereby highway Hornellsville inspector issued Lake lease liable Long Island matter miles motive power Niagara Falls noted notice operation owners paid pany passenger person poration proceedings rail railroad corporation Railroad Law rapid transit received Rickard and Chapin road route Secretary section 59 Southwestern Company spiked Staten Island station stock corporation stockholders street surface railroad supreme court switches term thereof thereto tion track train Utica West Shore Railroad York Central
644. lappuse - Commission (and produce books and papers if so ordered) and give evidence touching the matter in question, and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof.
634. lappuse - All charges made for any service rendered or to be rendered in the transportation of passengers or property as aforesaid, or in connection therewith, or for the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of such property, shall be reasonable and just; and every unjust and unreasonable charge for such service is prohibited and declared to be unlawful.
643. lappuse - ... keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted, and shall have the right to obtain from such common carriers full and complete information necessary to enable the Commission to perform the duties and carry out the objects for which it was created...
634. lappuse - America in congress assembled, that the provisions of this act shall apply to any common carrier or carriers engaged in the transportation of passengers or property wholly by railroad, or partly by railroad and partly by water when both are used, under a common control, management or arrangement, for a continuous carriage or shipment...
634. lappuse - railroad" as used in this Act shall include all bridges and ferries used or operated in connection with any railroad, and also all the road in use by any corporation operating a railroad, whether owned or operated under a contract, agreement, or lease; and the term "transportation" shall include all instrumentalities of shipment or carriage.
635. lappuse - Act shall, according to their respective powers, afford all reasonable, proper, and equal facilities for the interchange of traffic between their respective lines, and for the receiving, forwarding, and delivering of passengers and property to and from their several lines and those connecting therewith, and shall not discriminate in their rates and charges between such connecting lines; but this shall not be construed as requiring any such common carrier to give the use of its tracks or terminal...
641. lappuse - That any common carrier, subject to the provisions of this act, or, whenever such common carrier is a corporation, any director or officer thereof, or any receiver, trustee, lessee, agent, or person acting for or employed by such corporation, who.
643. lappuse - ... the date of the taking effect of this Act, the term of each to be designated by the President, but their successors shall be appointed for terms of seven years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the commissioner whom he shall succeed.
550. lappuse - No county, city, town or village shall hereafter .give any money or property, or loan its money or credit to or in aid of any individual, association or corporation, or become directly or indirectly the owner of stock in, or bonds of, any association or corporation nor shall any such county, city, town or village be allowed to incur any indebtedness except for county, city, town or village purposes.
550. lappuse - This section shall not be construed to prevent the issuing of certificates of indebtedness or revenue bonds issued in anticipation of the collection of taxes for amounts actually contained, or to be contained in the taxes for the year when such certificates or revenue bonds are issued and payable out of such taxes.