Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
affirmed agent agreement alleged amount answer Appeal from district appellee assessment assignment authority bank bonds Brule County cars cause of action charge circuit court claim complaint contract corporation counsel court of equity Court of Iowa creditors damages deadwoods debt deceased decree deed defendant's dence district court Douglas county evidence execution facts fendant filed fraud garnishee held injury instruction Iowa issue Itasca county Judge judgment jurisdiction jury land liability lien Linn county ment Minn mortgage motion negligence Otoe county owner paid parties payment person petition plain plaintiff in error pleaded Polk county proceedings purchase purpose Q. R. Co question railroad Railway reason received record recover refused replevin reversed rule statute sufficient suit Supreme Court sustained taxes testified testimony therein thereof tiff tion trial court trust verdict witness
187. lappuse - ... transported Into any State or Territory, or remaining therein for use, consumption, sale or storage therein, shall upon arrival In such State or Territory be subject to the operation and effect of the laws of such State or Territory enacted in the exercise of its police powers, to the same extent and in the same manner as though such liquids or liquors had been produced in such State or Territory, and shall not be exempt therefrom by reason of being introduced therein In original packages or...
284. lappuse - ... and the act, neglect, or default is such as would (if death had not ensued) have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages in respect thereof, then and in every such case the person who would have been 'liable if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death shall have been caused xmder such circumstances as amount in law to felony.
92. lappuse - ... provide for the collection of a direct annual tax sufficient to pay the interest on such debt as it falls due, and also to pay and discharge the principal thereof within twenty years from the time of contracting the same.
267. lappuse - In view of the adjudications these principles must be regarded as settled : " 1. A railroad corporation is a person within the meaning of the fourteenth amendment declaring that no state shall deprive any person of property without due process of law, nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
207. lappuse - That the selection of swamp and overflowed lands granted to the several States by the act of Congress, approved September 28, 1850, entitled "An act to enable the State of Arkansas and other States to reclaim the swamp lands within their limits...
205. lappuse - And where, on the death of any person holding real estate within the territories of the one party, such real estate would. by the laws of the land, descend on a citizen or subject of the other, were he not disqualified by alienage, such citizen or subject shall be allowed a reasonable time to sell the same, and to withdraw the proceeds without molestation and exempt from all duties of detraction, on the part of the Government of the respective States.
353. lappuse - The shareholders or stockholders of every banking or insurance corporation or association shall be held individually responsible, equally and ratably, and not one for another, for all contracts, debts, and engagements of such corporation or association, to the extent of the amount of their stock therein, at the par value thereof, in addition to the amount invested in such shares or stock.
272. lappuse - No suit or action on this policy, for the recovery of any claim, shall be sustainable in any court of law or equity until after full compliance by the insured with all the foregoing requirements nor unless commenced within twelve months next after the fire.
92. lappuse - No county, city, township, school district or other municipal corporation, shall be allowed to become indebted in any manner or for any purpose to an amount, including existing indebtedness, in the aggregate exceeding five per centum on the value of the taxable property therein, to be ascertained by the last assessment for State and county taxes, previous to the incurring of such indebtedness.
45. lappuse - Railways heretofore constructed, or that may hereafter be constructed in this state, are hereby declared public highways, and shall be free to all persons for the transportation of their persons and property thereon, under such regulations as may be prescribed by law.