California Concerns Regarding Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act: 1984 : Hearing Before the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-eighth Congress, First Session, November 28, 1983, Los Angeles, Calif
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1984 - 159 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional administrative agencies on aging allocation Angeles appropriate area agencies Asian Asian/Pacific assistance authorized believe California Center CHAIRMAN changes City committee concerned CONGRESS THE LIBRARY Congressman continue contract coordination costs Council District County delivery Department Department of Aging director effective elderly employment ethnic Federal formula frail funds further going grants groups hearing Hispanic housing included income increase Indian individuals issues language LIBRARY OF CONGRESS limit Los Angeles meals meet minority nutrition program nutrition services Older Americans Act older persons operation opportunity organizations participation percent persons planning population poverty present problems proposal question reauthorization received recommendations reduced regard represent request response senior citizens seniors served served service providers social social need social services specific staff STATEMENT submitted testimony Thank tion Title units
77. lappuse - Aging to be composed of fifteen members appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate for terms of three years without regard to the provisions of title 5, United States Code. Members shall be appointed so as to be representative of older Americans, national organizations with an interest in aging, business, labor, and the general public.
134. lappuse - ... centers, and other public or private facilities where they can obtain other social and rehabilitative services. Besides promoting better health among the older segment of the population through improved nutrition, such a program is aimed at reducing the isolation of old age, offering older Americans an opportunity to live their remaining years in dignity.
47. lappuse - I would like to thank each and every one of you for your testimony.
67. lappuse - Act should be administered through the Administration on Aging, State Units on Aging, and Area Agencies on Aging...
66. lappuse - THE ADMINISTRATION ON AGING, STATE UNITS ON AGING AND AREA AGENCIES ON AGING...
32. lappuse - DC 20504." § 201.2 Organization. (a) The Office of Telecommunications Policy is headed by a Director who is appointed by the President subject to confirmation by the Senate, and who is directly responsible to the President. (b) The second in command is the Deputy Director, who is likewise appointed by the President subject to confirmation by the Senate. He performs such functions as the Director may from time to time prescribe and, absent other Presidential designation...
64. lappuse - there is strong sentiment the Asian elderly do not receive social services because of language, racial and cultural barriers." (1973). Further, the report delineates, "health and welfare agencies have few bilingual staff, haphazard provision for non-English speaking clients, and very little publicity to the Asian community about their services.