Older Americans Programs Oversight: Hearings Before the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-fifth Congress, First Session, August 3 and September 15, 1977
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1977 - 190 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
addition Administration on Aging agencies on aging amendments appropriations area agencies assistance authority become believe better certainly Chairman committee concern Congress consider continue coordination Council COUNTY delivery Department designed direct effective efforts elderly employment established example existing experience fact Federal field force funds give given going groups hearings housing important improve income increase institutions interest involved issues kinds legislation living look Mayor meals meet million needs nutrition OFFICE Older Americans Act older persons operating opportunity organizations PEPPER percent persons planning population present priority problems programs question REPRESENTATIVE require responsibility result retirement rural senior centers senior citizens serve social services staff statement suggest Thank things tion Title III Title VII transportation UHLMAN United urban workers
138. lappuse - Nation are entitled to, and it is the joint and several duty and responsibility of the governments of the United States and of the several States and their political subdivisions to assist our older people to secure equal opportunity to the full and free enjoyment of the following objectives: (1) An adequate income in retirement in accordance with the American standard of living.
138. lappuse - Efficient community services which provide social assistance in a coordinated manner and which are readily available when needed. (9) Immediate benefit from proven research knowledge which can sustain and improve health and happiness. (10) Freedom, independence, and the free exercise of individual initiative in planning and managing their own lives.
138. lappuse - Retirement in health, honor, dignity after years of contribution to the economy. 7. Pursuit of meaningful activity within the widest range of civic, cultural, and recreational opportunities.
83. lappuse - ... (1) secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and "(2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 302. For purposes of this title "(1) The term 'social services...
138. lappuse - The Congress hereby finds and declares that, in keeping with the traditional American concept of the inherent dignity of the individual in our democratic society, the older people of our Nation are entitled to, and it is the joint and several duty and responsibility of the governments of the United States and of the several States and their political subdivisions to assist our older people to secure equal opportunity to the full and free enjoyment of the following objectives: (1) An adequate income...
84. lappuse - comprehensive and coordinated system' means a system for providing all necessary social services in a manner designed to (A) facilitate accessibility to and utilization of all social services provided within the geographic area served by such system by any public or private agency or organization; (B) develop and make the most efficient use of social services in meeting the needs of older persons; and (C) use available resources efficiently and with a minimum of duplication.
138. lappuse - Suitable housing, independently selected, designed and located with reference to special needs and available at costs which older citizens can afford. (4) Full restorative services for those who require institutional care. (5) Opportunity for employment with no discriminatory personnel practices because of age. (6) Retirement in health, honor, dignity after years of contribution to the economy. (7) Pursuit of meaningful activity...
60. lappuse - ... (8) provides that no social service will be directly provided by the State agency or an area agency on aging...
72. lappuse - National Council on the Aging has adopted the following definition. Definition of a Senior Center A Senior Center is a community focal point on aging where older persons as individuals or in groups come together for services and activities which enhance their dignity, support their independence and encourage their involvement in and with the community.