Older Americans Act of 1987: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Aging of the Committee on Labor and Human Resources, United States Senate, One Hundredth Congress, First Session on S. 887 ... March 31, April 23, and 30, 1987, 4. sējums
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1987 - 823 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities addition Administration adults Agencies on Aging amendments appropriate Area Agencies assistance Association authorized believe centers Chairman changes Committee concerns conducted Congress continue coordination cost Council Department designed Director disabilities effective efforts elderly elders employment established experimental projects federal funding grants hearing Human important improve income increase Indian individuals issues Labor language legislation limited living long-term major meals meet mental mental health million minority National needs nursing homes nutrition Office Older Americans Act older persons older workers ombudsman operators opportunity organizations participation percent planning population position present problems programs proposed reauthorization receive recommendations represent require residents responsibility result retarded SCSEP Senator MATSUNAGA senior served social sponsors statement Subcommittee term Thank Title United
318. lappuse - Aging, the National Association of State Units on Aging and the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging on the reauthorization of the Act.
169. lappuse - ... (1) secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and "(2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 302. For purposes of this title "(1) The term 'social services...
201. lappuse - Council shall (1) advise and assist the President on matters relating to the special needs of older Americans ; (2) assist the Commissioner in making the appraisal of needs required by section 402 ; (3^ review and evaluate, on a continuing basis. Federal policies regarding the aging and programs and other activities affecting the aging conducted or assisted by all Federal departments...
391. lappuse - The Commissioner may make grants to public and private nonprofit agencies, organizations, and institutions for the purpose of establishing or supporting multidisciplinary centers of gerontology.
420. lappuse - League operates primarily in cities, while the National Council of Senior Citizens, the American Association of Retired Persons, the National Council on Aging, and the National Association of Hispanic Elderly operate mainly in urban areas.
155. lappuse - ... and informational needs of the Nation, including the special library and informational needs of rural areas, of economically, socially, or culturally deprived persons and of elderly persons, and the means by which these needs may be met...
175. lappuse - I would be happy to respond to any questions which you or other members of the subcommittee may have. Thank you. [The prepared statement of Carol Fraser Fisk follows:] PREPARED STATEMENT OF CAROL PHASER FISK, COMMISSIONER ON AGING, ADMINISTRATION ON AGING Mr.
384. lappuse - provide assurance that preference will be given to providing services to older individuals with the greatest economic or social needs, with particular attention to low-income individuals , and Include proposed methods of carrying out the preference in the State plan.
135. lappuse - Aging, the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging, and the National Association of State Units on Aging.