Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
active agriculture American Association attendance become believe better Board boys called certificate character child committee course demand desire direct Directors discussion effect elementary examination experience expression fact girls give given grade graduates hand high school higher ideals important increase individual industrial influence institutions instruction interest kind knowledge least less lines living manual training matter means meeting methods mind moral nature necessary normal schools organization physical possible practice preparation present President principles problem professional public schools pupils question reason receive relation rural secondary secure social suggested superintendent taught teachers teaching term things thought thru tion United
828. lappuse - And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
157. lappuse - Bureau shall investigate and report . . . upon all matters pertaining to the welfare of children and child life among all classes of our people...
614. lappuse - States is hereby empowered, in his discretion, to pay four hundred millions of dollars to the States of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West- Virginia...
2. lappuse - To elevate the character and advance the interests of the profession of teaching, and to promote the cause of popular education in the United States.
2. lappuse - That the said corporation shall further have power to have and to use a common seal and to alter and change the same at its pleasure ; to sue or to be sued in any court of the United States, or other court of competent jurisdiction ; to make by-laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this act or of the Constitution of the United States ; to take or receive, whether by gift, grant, devise, bequest, or purchase, any real or personal estate...
681. lappuse - Seize the very first possible opportunity to act on every resolution you make, and on every emotional prompting you may experience in the direction of the habits you aspire to gain. It is not in the moment of their forming, but in the moment of their producing motor effects, that resolves and aspirations communicate the new 'set
201. lappuse - Our toils obscure an' a' that, The rank is but the guinea's stamp, The Man's the gowd for a* that. What though on hamely fare we dine. Wear hoddin grey, an' a' that; Gie fools their silks, and knaves their wine; A Man's a Man for a
201. lappuse - THAT AND A' THAT" Is there, for honest Poverty, That hangs his head, and a' that! The coward slave, we pass him by, We dare be poor for a
489. lappuse - The growing drama has outgrown such toys Of simulated stature, face, and speech, It also peradventure may outgrow The simulation of the painted scene, Boards, actors, prompters, gaslight, and costume ; And take for a worthier stage the soul itself, Its shifting fancies and celestial lights, With all its grand orchestral silences To keep the pauses of the rhythmic sounds.