Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
according ancient appear applied arts attainments attention authors become belongs Bible called cause century character Christian church circumstances common connection consideration considered continued course criticism desire direct doctrine doubt duties effect experience expressions extensive fact feel figurative genius give given hand human important improvement influence instruction interest interpretation invention Italy knowledge labour language learning less light literature lived manner master means ment Michaelis mind moral nature never object observation opinion original passages passed period persons philosophy physician political practical present principles profession reason received reference regard relation religion remark respect rules sacred scholar Scriptures seems sense slaves society sometimes spirit success theology things thought tion true truth understand universal various whole writings
228. lappuse - How small, of all that human hearts endure, That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.
332. lappuse - Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren ; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit These things teach and exhort.
332. lappuse - Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ ; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers ; but as the servants of Christ ; doing the will of God from the heart...
227. lappuse - For forms of government let fools contest ; Whate'er is best administered is best : For modes of faith let graceless zealots fight ; His can't be wrong whose life is in the right...
331. lappuse - Art thou called being a servant ? care not for it : but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman : likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
331. lappuse - For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant. 23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. 24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.
302. lappuse - Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord ; and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
275. lappuse - And he would not for a while. But afterward he said within himself; Though I fear not God, nor regard man ; Yet, because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her ; lest by her continual coming she weary me.
332. lappuse - Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
300. lappuse - And the Lord shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea ; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod : and there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria ; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.