The Prison Laws of California: A Compendium of the Laws Relating to the Duties of Prison Officials, the Maintenance of State Prisons, and the Treatment of Convicts, in Force in California, Comp. from Original Sources and Annotated
W. W. Shannon, Superintendent of State Printing, 1909 - 195 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
The Prison Laws of California: A Compendium of the Laws Relating to the ...
California,Frederick S. Wythe
Priekšskatījums nav pieejams - 2017
action amount application appointed appropriated approved attorney authority board of prison bond buildings cause chap charge child clerk Code commission committed confined contract controller convict cost court crime custody death deem defendant delinquent directed discharge district dollars duty effect employed enter entitled escape examiners exceeding execution expenses filed five fund give governor guilty half hearing hereby hundred imprisonment insane institution issued jail judge judgment justice jute labor LAWS OF CALIFORNIA less manner months necessary notice oath offense otherwise paid pardon parent parole party Penal perform person prison directors PRISON LAWS probation officer proceedings proper punishable purchase reason received record removal respective rules San Quentin sentence sheriff Stats term thereafter therein thereof thousand tion treasury United unless violation warden warrant writ
20. lappuse - I do solemnly swear, (or affirm, as the case may be,) that I will support the constitution of the United States,, and the constitution of the State of California; and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of according to the best of my ability.
118. lappuse - ... provided, that of those first appointed one shall hold office for one year, two for two years, two for three years and two for four years, the terms for which the respective members shall hold office" to be determined by lot as soon after their appointment as may be.
12. lappuse - If the witness be a prisoner, confined in a jail or prison within this State, an order for his examination in the prison upon deposition, or for his temporary removal and production before a court or officer, for the purpose of being orally examined, may be made as follows: 1.
50. lappuse - ... to be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, not more than three of whom shall be members of one political party ; and a majority of whom shall be a quorum.
56. lappuse - To direct and superintend the collection of all moneys due the state, and institute suits in its name for all official delinquencies in relation to the assessment, collection, and payment of the revenue, and against persons who by any means have become possessed of public money or property and fail to pay over or deliver the same, and against all debtors of the state; of which suits the courts of Sacramento county have jurisdiction, without regard to the residence of the defendants; 17.
40. lappuse - It may be issued by any court except police or justice's courts, to an inferior tribunal, or to a corporation, board, or person, in all cases where there is not a plain, speedy, and adequate remedy in the ordinary course of law.
19. lappuse - Every person shall be disqualified from holding any office of profit in this State, who shall have been convicted of having given, or offered a bribe, to procure his election or appointment.
33. lappuse - An action may be brought by the attorney-general, in the name of the people of this state, upon his own information, or upon a complaint of a private party, against any person who usurps, intrudes into, or unlawfully holds or exercises any public office, civil or military, or any franchise, or against any corporation, either de jure or de facto, which usurps, intrudes into, or unlawfully holds or exereises any franchise, within this state.
40. lappuse - The writ of prohibition is the counterpart of the writ of mandate. It arrests the proceedings of any tribunal, corporation, board, or person...
173. lappuse - He shall annually communicate to the Legislature each case of reprieve, commutation or pardon granted, stating the name of the convict, the crime of which he was convicted, the sentence and its date, and the date of the commutation, pardon or reprieve.