Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action agent amended appeared application appointment appropriation approval Army assistant authorized branch Bureau candidate carrier certification chief Civil Service Commission civil-service rules classified service clerks commissioners committee compensation competitive Congress Date of charge Department district duties effect efficiency election eligibles employed employees employment ended June 30 Engineer establishment examination excepted executive experience fact Federal field force Form given Government head held Includes inspector issued July June 30 kind laborers letter March matter mechanical ment military Minute months Navy necessary Opinion Panama party passed perform period person political activity position Post Office postmaster present President promotion qualified reasons received recommendation reference regard regulations reinstatement removal request Resigned Result rural carrier salary Secretary secured separated served Stat statement stenographer temporary tion transfer Treasury United vacancy violations Washington
14. lappuse - The head of each department is authorized to prescribe regulations, not inconsistent with law, for the government of his department, the conduct of its officers and clerks, the distribution and performance of its business, and the custody, use. and preservation of the records, papers, and property appertaining to it.
33. lappuse - If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such parties do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be fined not more than ten thousand dollars, or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
31. lappuse - ... of the United States, and no clerk or employee of any department, branch or bureau of the executive, judicial, or military or naval service of the United States, shall, directly or indirectly, solicit or receive, or be in any manner concerned in soliciting or receiving, any assessment, subscription, or contribution for any political purpose whatever, from any officer, clerk, or employee of the United States...
3. lappuse - Fifth, that no person in the public service is for that reason under any obligations to contribute to any political fund, or to render any political service, and that he will not be removed or otherwise prejudiced for refusing to do so.
15. lappuse - Persons honorably discharged from the military or naval service by reason of disability resulting from wounds or sickness incurred in the line of duty, shall be preferred for appointments to civil offices, provided they are found to possess the business capacity necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of such offices.
14. lappuse - The President is authorized to prescribe such regulations for the admission of persons into the civil service of the United States as may best promote the efficiency thereof, and ascertain the fitness of each candidate in respect to age, health, character, knowledge, and ability for the branch of the service into which he seeks to enter...
28. lappuse - No Executive Department or other Government establishment of the United States shall expend, in any one fiscal year, any sum in excess of appropriations made 'by Congress for that fiscal year, or involve the Government in any contract or other obligation for the future payment of money in excess of such appropriations unless such contract or obligation is authorized by law.
22. lappuse - No officer in any branch of the public service, or any other person whose salary, pay, or emoluments are fixed by law or regulations, shall receive any additional pay, extra allowance, or compensation...
86. lappuse - ... to employ and fix the compensation of such attorneys, special experts, examiners, clerks, and other employees as it may from time to time find necessary for the proper performance of its duties and as may be from time to time appropriated for by Congress.
3. lappuse - Eighth, that notice shall be given in writing by the appointing power to said commission of the persons selected for appointment or employment from among those who have been examined, of the place of residence of such persons, of the rejection of any such persons after probation...