Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activity administration amended applicants appointing officer appropriate assistant Attorney authorized branch Bureau cent certification changes charge Civil Service Commission civil-service rules classified service clerk commission's competitive Congress Customs Department deputy district duties effect efficiency eligibles employed employees employment ended Engineer established examination excepted executive Executive order existing fact Female field force Form given Government grade head held holding increase inspector interest January July June 30 laborers Large less Male mechanical ment merit method Minute names Navy necessary opinion passed perform period persons political positions Post Office postmaster practicable President promotion question reasons received recommendation regard regulations reinstatement removal Resigned Result rules salary Secretary secure selection separations served shows Statutes stenographer TABLE temporary appointment term tions transfer Treasury unclassified United Washington York
62. lappuse - If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such parties do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be fined not more than ten thousand dollars, or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
54. lappuse - The head of each department is authorized to prescribe regulations, not inconsistent with law, for the government of his department, the conduct of its officers and clerks, the distribution and performance of its business, and the custody, use. and preservation of the records, papers, and property appertaining to it.
61. lappuse - ... of the United States, and no clerk or employee of any department, branch or bureau of the executive, judicial, or military or naval service of the United States, shall, directly or indirectly, solicit or receive, or be in any manner concerned in soliciting or receiving, any assessment, subscription, or contribution for any political purpose whatever, from any officer, clerk, or employee of the United States...
127. lappuse - All purchases and contracts for supplies or services, in any of the Departments of the Government, except for personal services, shall be made by advertising a sufficient time previously for proposals respecting the same, when the public exigencies do not require the immediate delivery of the articles, or performance of the service.
45. lappuse - Senate, three persons, not more than two of whom shall be adherents of the same party, as Civil Service Commissioners, and said three commissioners shall constitute the United States Civil Service Commission.
54. lappuse - The President is authorized to prescribe such regulations for the admission of persons into the civil service of the United States as may best promote the efficiency thereof, and ascertain the fitness of each candidate in respect to age, health, character, knowledge, and ability for the branch of service into which he seeks to enter...
47. lappuse - Eighth, that notice shall be given in writing by the appointing power to said commission of the persons selected for appointment or employment from among those who have been examined, of the place of residence of such persons, of the rejection of any such persons after probation...
49. lappuse - ... furnish to any person any special or secret information for the purpose of either improving or injuring the prospects or chances of any person so examined, or to be examined, being appointed, employed, or promoted...
57. lappuse - No person who holds an office the salary or annual compensation attached to which amounts to the sum of two thousand five hundred dollars shall be appointed to or hold any other office to which compensation Is attached unless specially heretofore or hereafter specially authorized thereto by law...