Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
American Federation Association avenue better BOSTON Bros Building called cause celebration Central labor cents Chicago City clerks Cleveland Clothing Company convention crafts cutters demand efforts employed employers Employment established fact factory fair Federal labor Federation of Labor give Gompers helpers improved increase industrial interest International Iron issue John july june labor council Labor Day labor movement Laborers prot Machine makers Manufacturers Mass matter membership ment mill month movement North Office Ohio organized labor Organizing expenses parade Philadelphia present President progress Protective received recently representatives salary Secretary secured sept steady stenographer street strike success things tion trade union Trades and labor union labels United unorganized wages weeks workers York
1282. lappuse - Columbia or any such contractor or subcontractor whose duty it shall be to employ, direct, or control the services of such laborers or mechanics to require or permit any such laborer or mechanic to work more than eight hours in any calendar day except in case of extraordinary emergency.
1282. lappuse - SEC. 2. That any officer or agent of the Government of the United States or of the District of Columbia, or any contractor or sub-contractor whose duty it shall be to employ, direct, or control any laborer or mechanic employed upon any of the public works...
794. lappuse - They never fail who die In a great cause : the block may soak their gore ; Their heads may sodden in the sun ; their limbs Be strung to city gates and castle walls But still their spirit walks abroad. Though years Elapse, and others share as dark a doom, They but augment the deep and sweeping thoughts Which overpower all others, and conduct The world at last to freedom.
834. lappuse - There is a tide in the affairs of men Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat; And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures.
1070. lappuse - Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
721. lappuse - Memorial or Decoration Day, they being by that act allowed that day as a holiday. The act of June 28, 1894 (28 Stat,, 96), provides: "That the first Monday of September in each year, being the day celebrated and known as Labor's Holiday, is hereby made a legal public holiday, to all intents and purposes...
812. lappuse - A combination of workmen to raise their wages may be considered in a twofold point of view; one is to benefit themselves, the other is to injure those who do not join their society. The rule of law condemns both.
1277. lappuse - The advocates of the socalled industrial system of labor organizations urge that an effective strike can only be conducted when all workmen, regardless of trade, calling or occupation, are affected. That this is not borne out by the history of strikes in the whole labor movement is easily demonstrable. Though here and there such strikes have been temporarily successful, in the main they have been fraught with injury to all. The so-called industrial system of organization implies sympathetic strikes,...
939. lappuse - ... has read the foregoing petition and knows the contents thereof; that the same is true of his own knowledge, except as to matters therein stated to be alleged upon information and belief, and that as to those matters he believes it to be true.
1120. lappuse - Unions, and the closer federation of such societies through the organization of Central Trade and Labor Unions in every city, and the further combination of such bodies into State, territorial or Provincial organizations, to secure legislation in the interests of the working masses.