Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
admitted affirmed agreement alleged amount answer appellant appellee application assessment authority avenue benefits bill Board building cause charged Chicago circuit court claim clerk coal commissioners committed compensation complainant condition considered construction contract Cook corporation cost counsel crime damages death deceased December decision decree deed defendant delivered direct district drainage duty effect entered evidence fact filed finding further give given ground held improvement Industrial intention interest issue Judge judgment jurisdiction jury Justice land levied matter means ment Michigan necessary objection opinion original owner paid parties payment person petition plaintiff in error present proceedings prove question railroad reason received record reference remainder reversed rule statute street sufficient sustained taken term testified testimony tion town track trial verdict wife witness writ
568. lappuse - The jurisdiction of the courts of the United States under this Act shall be concurrent with that of the courts of the several States, and no case arising under this Act and brought in any state court of competent jurisdiction shall be removed to any court of the United States.
609. lappuse - To ascertain this, the first resort in all cases is to the natural signification of the words employed, in the order of grammatical arrangement in which the framers of the instrument have placed them.
565. lappuse - That every common carrier by railroad in the Territories, the District of Columbia, the ' Panama Canal Zone, or other possessions of the United States shall be liable in damages to any person suffering injury while he is employed by such carrier...
442. lappuse - Seventy-Six years, and being of sound mind and memory, do hereby make, publish and declare this my Last Will and Testament In manner following, that Is to say: FIRST It Is my Will that my funeral expenses and all my just debts be fully paid.
371. lappuse - The existence of a conspiracy being first established, " the principle on which the acts and declarations of other conspirators, and acts done at different times, are admitted in evidence against the persons prosecuted, is, that by the act of conspiring together, the conspirators have jointly assumed to themselves, as a body, the attribute of individuality, so far as regards the prosecution of the common design; thus rendering whatever is done or said by any one, in furtherance of that design, a...
463. lappuse - ... protesting against the passage of such ordinance, be presented to the council, the same shall thereupon be suspended from going into operation, and it shall be the duty of the council to reconsider such ordinance; and if the same is not entirely repealed, the council shall submit the ordinance, as is provided by sub-section b...
616. lappuse - ... that utterances advocating the overthrow of organized government by force, violence and unlawful means, are so inimical to the general welfare and involve such danger of substantive evil that they may be penalized in the exercise of its police power. That determination must be given great weight. Every presumption is to be indulged in favor of the validity of the statute.
168. lappuse - No interest is good unless it must vest, if at all, not later than twenty-one years after some life in being at the creation of the interest.
168. lappuse - ... the rule against perpetuities. "The rule against perpetuities is thus stated : 'No interest subject to a condition precedent is good unless the condition must be fulfilled, if at all, within twenty-one years after some life in being at the creation of the interest.