Proposed Revision and Codification of Title 16, United States Code, Entitled "Conservation and Reclamation."
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1954 - 674 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accept acquired acres additional administration agencies amount application appropriated approved authorized boundaries buildings carry chapter charges Commission construction continuance as national contracts cooperative corner Corporation cost court deem Department determine district easements east effect electric employees energy established exchange facilities Federal feet fish funds Government half hundred improvements interest Interior issued jurisdiction lands lease license located maintenance ment meridian mile minutes monument national forests National Historical Park National Memorial National Monument National Park necessary northeast northwest officer operation otherwise payment permit person prescribe provisions purchase pursuant quarter section range rates reasonable regulations respect River roads rules and regulations Secretary of Agriculture Service situated southeast quarter southwest supplies System Territory thence north thereof thousand timber tion township United utility
362. lappuse - ... after full hearing, whether completed before or after the rate, fare, charge, classification, regulation, or practice goes into effect, the Commission may make such order with reference thereto as would be proper in a proceeding initiated after it had become effective.
370. lappuse - Commission, there to produce records, if so ordered, or to give testimony touching the matter under investigation or in question ; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof. All process in any such case may be served in the judicial district whereof such person is an inhabitant or wherever he may be found or may be doing business.
437. lappuse - Authority a corporation clothed with the power of government but possessed of the flexibility and initiative of a private enterprise. It should be charged with the broadest duty of planning for the proper use, conservation and development of the natural resources of the Tennessee River drainage basin and its adjoining territory for the general social and economic welfare of the nation.
341. lappuse - That the project adopted, including the maps, plans, and specifications, shall be such as in the judgment of the Commission will be best adapted to a comprehensive plan for improving or developing a waterway or waterways for the use or benefit of interstate or foreign commerce, for the improvement and utilization of waterpower development, and for other beneficial public uses, including recreational purposes...
372. lappuse - The Commission is authorized to appoint and fix the compensation of such officers, attorneys, examiners, and other experts as may be necessary for carrying out its functions under this Act, without regard to the provisions of other laws applicable to the employment and compensation of officers and employees of the United States...
4. lappuse - ... to conserve the scenery and the natural and historic objects and the wildlife therein and to provide for the enjoyment of the same in such manner and by such means as will leave them unimpaired for the enjoyment of future generations.
369. lappuse - ... (b) For the purpose of any such investigation^ or any other proceeding under this title, any member of the Commission or any officer designated by it is empowered to administer oaths and affirmations, subpena witnesses, compel their attendance, take evidence, and require the production of any books, papers, correspondence, memoranda, or other records which the Commission deems relevant or material to the inquiry.
394. lappuse - States, within any circuit wherein such person resides or has his principal place of business, or in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, by filing in such court, within sixty days after the entry of such order, a written petition praying that the order of the Commission be modified or set aside in whole or in part.
370. lappuse - Board, its member, agent, or agency, there to produce evidence if so ordered, or there to give testimony touching the matter under investigation or in question ; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by said court as a contempt thereof.
371. lappuse - Commission, on the ground that the testimony or evidence, documentary or otherwise, required of him, may tend to incriminate him or subject him to a penalty or forfeiture; but no individual shall be prosecuted or subjected to any penalty or forfeiture for or on account of any transaction, matter, or thing...