Departments of Labor and Health, Education, and Welfare Appropriations for 1976: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Appropriations. Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, and Health, Education, and Welfare, and Related Agencies
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1974
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activities additional agencies amended amount appropriation areas assistance Association authorized benefits Board budget Bureau CETA Chairman changes claims collective Commission committee compensation completed compliance Comprehensive Congress continue contract costs covered Department directed Director economic effective efforts employees employment employment service established Estimate evaluation expected Federal fiscal year 1976 Flood follows funds going Government implementation improve increase industry KOLBERG Labor major manpower Manpower Administration Mediation ment MICHEL million obligations occupational Office operation payments pension percent period personnel persons plans positions present prime sponsors problems proposed public service question received record regional reports request responsibility result safety Secretary Security served staff standards statistics studies survey technical tion wage workers
82. lappuse - Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed only for the remainder of such term.
8. lappuse - Act are: (1) To avoid any interruption to commerce or to the operation of any carrier engaged therein; (2) to forbid any limitation upon freedom of association among employees or any denial, as a condition of employment or otherwise, of the right of employees to join a labor organization...
1025. lappuse - Board shall exercise general supervision over all attorneys employed by the Board (other than trial examiners and legal assistants to Board members) and over the officers and employees in the regional offices. He shall have final authority, on behalf of the Board...
81. lappuse - Congress on the implementation of national policy by such statements, presentations, and reports as it deems appropriate; (2) conduct studies, surveys, and analyses of the library and informational needs of the Nation, including the special library and informational needs of rural areas, of economically, socially, or culturally deprived persons and of elderly persons, and the means by which these needs may be met through information centers, through the libraries of elementary and secondary schools...
858. lappuse - Administration, with members in the 50 States, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands? and the District of Columbia.
1025. lappuse - He shall have final authority, on behalf of the Board, in respect of the investigation of charges and issuance of complaints under section 10, and in respect of the prosecution of such complaints before the Board, and shall have such other duties as the Board may prescribe or as may be provided by law.
857. lappuse - Mr. Chairman, members of the subcommittee, I welcome this opportunity to appear before you again in support of a number of public works projects contemplated or underway in the State of Florida.
378. lappuse - ... with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence under the circumstances then prevailing that a prudent man acting in a like capacity and familiar with such matters would use in the conduct of an enterprise of a like character and with like aims...
55. lappuse - The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service shall provide services and assistance to Federal agencies and labor organizations in the resolution of negotiation disputes. The Service shall determine under what circumstances and in what manner it shall proffer its services.