Hearings on Mathematics and Science Education: Joint Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Elementary, Secondary, and Vocational Education and the Subcommittee on Postsecondary Education of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session, on H.R. 5742, H.R. 6656, H.R. 6674, H.R. 6775, H.R. 6950, and H.R. 7135
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Education and Labor. Subcommittee on Elementary, Secondary, and Vocational Education
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1983
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
achievement action activities addition adequate American areas assistance Association basic become believe bill Board California certification Chairman Commission Committee concerned continue courses decline Defense demand Department Director economic educational agency efforts elementary engineering established Federal fields force funds future going grade graduates high school higher improve increase industry institutions instruction interest learning loan major math and science mathematics and science mathematics teachers meet National Science opportunity percent persons physics prepared problem produces profession programs qualified recommendations representing requirements response school districts science and math science and mathematics science teachers scores secondary schools Secretary sector Senator shortage skills society statement teaching technical Thank tion United universities
64. lappuse - State may, within sixty days after notice of such action, file with the United States court of appeals for the circuit in which such State is located a petition for review of that action. A copy of the petition shall be forthwith transmitted by the clerk of the court to the Commissioner.
112. lappuse - ... the NSF Program, I shall discuss the following topics: 1. What is the National Science Foundation (NSF) 2. Goals of the Foundation 3. The New Program on Systems Engineering for Large Structures 4. Cooperation with other Government agencies 5. Cooperation of Industry-Academic-Government WHAT IS THE NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION The National Science Foundation is an independent agency of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. It is a relatively new agency established in 1950 by President...
113. lappuse - Report of the Joint Commission of the Mathematical Association of America and the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics on "The Place of Mathematics in Secondary Education," Fifteenth Yearbook of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (New York: Bureau of Publications, Teachers College.
88. lappuse - STATEMENT OF HON. CHRISTOPHER J. DODD, A US SENATOR FROM THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT Senator DODD. Thank you very much, Mr.
161. lappuse - OF HON. JOHN GLENN, A US SENATOR FROM THE STATE OF OHIO Senator GLENN. Thank you very much, Mr. Chairman.
83. lappuse - Act until he is satisfied that there is no longer any such failure to comply. Until he is so satisfied, he shall make no further certification to the Secretary of the Treasury with respect to such State...
113. lappuse - Jr., An Integration of the Visual Media Via Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids into the Elementary School Curriculum as a Teaching Aid and Vehicle to Achieve Increased Learning, University of Massachusetts, September 1976, p.
203. lappuse - This public awareness and I hope public action is long overdue .... This country was built on American respect for education .... Our challenge now is to create a resurgence of that thirst for education that typifies our Nation's history. The most recent (1982) Gallup Poll of the Public's Attitudes Toward the Public Schools strongly supported a theme heard during our hearings: People are steadfast in their belief that education is the major foundation for the future strength of this country....
183. lappuse - You have my statement and I would like to submit it for the record. Mr. SIMON. It will be entered in the record.