The Program Information Act: Hearing Before a Subcommittee of the Committee ... 91-2, on H.R. 17112, July 30, 1970
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1970 - 63 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
action adequate administering agencies application authority basic believe beneficiaries benefits bill BLATNIK Budget Bureau Catalog of Federal Chairman changes circular committee complete comprehensive Congress Congressman contained cost counties departments designed determine direct domestic assistance programs duplication Economic Opportunity effort ERLENBORN establish example EXHIBIT existing Federal assistance programs Federal domestic assistance Federal Government Federal programs function funds give grants House identify important improvement included indicated individual instructions interested issued John legislation Members ment necessary Office Office of Economic operating particular planning potential PREPARED present President problems Program Information Act proposed published question received record referred REPRESENTATIVE requirements responsibilities result revised Roth Senate serve specific staff STATEMENT subcommittee Thank types updating various WEBER
37. lappuse - Federal assistance data base are defined as any function of a Federal agency that provides assistance or benefits for a State or States, territorial possession, county, city, other political subdivision, grouping, or instrumentality thereof; any domestic profit or nonprofit corporation, institution, or individual, other than an agency of the Federal government. A "Federal domestic assistance program...
37. lappuse - Assistance includes, but is not limited to grants, loans, loan guarantees, scholarships, mortgage loans, insurance, and other types of financial assistance, including cooperative agreements; property, technical assistance, counseling, statistical, and other expert information; and service activities of regulatory agencies.
4. lappuse - Federal domestic assistance program" means any function of a Federal agency which provides assistance or benefits that can be requested or applied for by a State or States, territorial possession, county, city, other political subdivision, grouping, or instrumentality thereof; any domestic profit or nonprofit corporation, institution, or individual, other than an agency of the Federal Government. b. A Federal domestic assistance "program...
37. lappuse - Assistance or benefits" includes but is not limited to grants, loans, loan guarantees, scholarships, mortgage loans and insurance or other types of financial assistance; assistance in the form of provision of Federal facilities, goods or services; donation or provision of surplus real and personal property; technical assistance and counseling; statistical and other expert information; and service activities of regulatory agencies. "Assistance or benefits...
25. lappuse - Congress created the Bureau of the Budget (now the Office of Management and Budget) to review the morass of agency budgetary information and to approve agency budget requests.
61. lappuse - Tiernan follows:] STATEMENT OF HON. ROBERT O. TIERNAN, A REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS FROM THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND Mr. Chairman, I want to thank you...
11. lappuse - ... am most grateful for you being with us this morning because it is so important to put together a record, as you well know. When this bill comes for final action, it is going to be the record that the committee wants to look at and the report that we write on that record. Your statement, of course, will appear in its entirety in the record, and you may proceed in any way you wish. (The statement referred to follows :) TESTIMONY BY ROSCOE C.
24. lappuse - Information is a primary source for achieving the objectives sought by local government. Getting the right information to the right people at the right time can benefit all types of management action and decisionmaking.