Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acreage acres addition agreement agricultural American amount animals annual areas average bread British bushels Canada Central coffee Committee commodities compared Conference consumption continue cooperative corn cotton countries crop cultivated cultural Department disease dollars early East economic effect established estimated Europe European experiment exports extension farm farmers feed fertilizer field foreign Foreign Agricultural fruit Government grain growing grown harvest important improvement increase India industry International Italy Japan land less machinery materials meat meet ment methods million Office operation organization percent period plans plant population possible potatoes pounds practices present prewar principal problems production purchase quantities recent region Relations requirements result rice seed situation soil South station supply technical tion tobacco tons trade trees United Kingdom varieties various Washington Western wheat yields
73. lappuse - Fourth, we must embark on a bold new program for making the benefits of our scientific advances and industrial progress available for the improvement and growth of under-developed areas.
106. lappuse - In order to meet a critical need which has arisen or threatens to arise in its territory, an importing country may appeal to the Council for assistance in obtaining supplies of wheat in addition to its guaranteed purchases. On consideration of such an appeal the Council may reduce pro...
93. lappuse - The old imperialism exploitation for foreign profit has no place in our plans. What we envisage is a program of development based on the concepts of democratic fair dealing.
38. lappuse - The Japanese military forces, after being completely disarmed, shall be permitted to return to their homes with the opportunity to lead peaceful and productive lives.
168. lappuse - An Act to promote the better understanding of the United States among the peoples of the world and to strengthen cooperative international relations"; section 110 (c) of the Act of April 3, 1948 (62 Stat.
93. lappuse - There are no stereotyped patterns of economic development applicable to all, or even to many countries. Different countries have different needs and different possibilities. Development must take into account and, so far as possible, be adapted to local resources, attitudes, social and legal structures, customs and practices. In the poorer and less developed areas a basic improvement in health, literacy, and vocational skills may well be prerequisite to increased production and improved standards...
7. lappuse - Conference restated these objectives in its own words 3 as follows: (a) developing and organizing production, distribution, and utilization of the basic foods to provide diets on a health standard for the peoples of all countries; (b) stabilizing agricultural prices at levels fair to producers and consumers alike.
106. lappuse - RESERVES 1. Any exporting or importing country which fears that it may be prevented, by a short crop in the case of an exporting country or the necessity to safeguard its balance of payments or monetary reserves in the case of an importing country, from carrying out its obligations under this Agreement in respect of a particular crop-year shall report the matter to the Council...
210. lappuse - papa" as "a kind of ground nut which when boiled becomes as soft as a cooked chestnut but which has no thicker skin than a truffle.