Tennessee Valley Authority: Hearings Before the Committee on Military Affairs, House of Representatives, Seventy-sixth Congress, Third Session, on H.R. 7424, H.R. 5068, H.R. 3822, H.R. 2741, H.R. 4640, and H.R. 4094, Bills to Amend the Tennessee Valley Authority Act of 1933. January 23, 24, 25, 26, 31, February 1, 2, 7, 14, and 20, 1940
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1940 - 544 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
additional affected Alabama allocated amendment amount answer Assessed value basis believe benefits bill bonds CHAIRMAN charged Clason collected coming committee Congress constitution construction consumers contracts corporation correct cost County tax course Elston fact Faddis Federal Federal Government figures Fitts flood fund gentlemen give going Government Governor COOPER gross HARNESS hear included income increase interest investment issue KEFAUVER Krug lands LAPSLEY levy LILIENTHAL matter mean ment miles mills municipalities operating paid payment percent plants present probably problem purchase question RAULSTON reason received representing revenue River Road SCHAEFFER school districts situation sold SPARKMAN statement taken tax loss taxation taxpayers Tenn Tennessee Electric Power Tennessee Valley Authority thing tion Total towns transmission line Treasury true trying understand United utilities valorem
519. lappuse - All property shall be taxed according to its value ; that value to be ascertained in such manner as the legislature shall direct, so that the same shall be equal and uniform throughout the State. No one species of property from which a tax may be collected, shall be taxed higher than any other species of property of equal value.
1. lappuse - To improve the navigability and to provide for the flood control of the Tennessee River ; to provide for reforestation and the proper use of marginal lands in the Tennessee Valley; to provide for the agricultural and industrial development of said valley ; to provide for the national defense by the creation of a corporation for the operation of Government properties at and near Muscle Shoals in the State of Alabama, and for other purposes.
220. lappuse - It is hereby declared to be the policy of this Act that, in order, as soon as practicable, to make the power projects self-supporting and self-liquidating, the surplus power shall be sold at rates which, in the opinion of the board, when applied to the normal capacity of the Authority's power facilities, will produce gross revenues in excess of the cost of production of said power...
519. lappuse - The Legislature shall have no power to suspend any general law for the benefit of any particular individual, nor to pass any law for the benefit of individuals, inconsistent with the general law of the land...
325. lappuse - County, do hereby certify that the attached is a true and correct copy of the original Record on file, all of which appears from the records and files in my office.