Background Materials: Supplemental Information Provided to Members of the Joint Committee on the Organization of Congress, 1. daļa
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1993 - 1674 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
accounting action activities Administration Affairs agencies Agriculture allow amendments American appropriations bills areas assignments authorizing Banking Boren budget budget process budget resolution COMMENTS Commerce Commission committees and subcommittees concern conduct Congress Congressional consider created decisions deficit Department economic effective eliminate Energy established ethics executive Federal Finance floor force foreign Former functions funds Government hearings House important improve increase institution Intelligence interest International issues Joint Committee jurisdiction Labor laws leadership legislation limits majority Marine matters Measures relating meetings Members minority Natural Office Operations organization oversight panels party PLAN POSITION present President problem procedures programs proposal protection Questions recommendations reduce referrals reform regulation Representative require Resources responsibility result rules scheduling Science Security Select Committee Senate serve Small Business spending staff standing structure subcommittees suggested Transportation United Veterans vote WITNESS
1277. lappuse - Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when (1) submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment, (2) submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individual, or (3) such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work...
681. lappuse - ... 1. Measures relating to education, labor, health, and public welfare. 2. Aging. 3. Agricultural colleges. 4. Arts and humanities. 5. Biomedical research and development. 6. Child labor. 7. Convict labor and the entry of goods made by convicts into interstate commerce. 8. Domestic activities of the American National Red Cross. 9. Equal employment opportunity. 10. Gallaudet College, Howard University, and Saint Elizabeths Hospital. 11.
701. lappuse - Department of Defense, the Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force, generally.
542. lappuse - Representatives shall exercise continuous watchfulness of the execution by the administrative agencies concerned of any laws, the subject matter of which is within the jurisdiction of such committee; and, for that purpose, shall study all pertinent reports and data submitted to the Congress by the agencies in the executive branch of the Government.
658. lappuse - Rules and Administration, to consist of thirteen Senators, to which committee shall be referred all proposed legislation, messages, petitions, memorials, and other matters relating to the following subjects: "(A) Matters relating to the payment of money out of the contingent fund of the Senate or creating a charge upon the same...
655. lappuse - Measures to foster commercial intercourse with foreign nations and to safeguard American business interests abroad.
645. lappuse - Petroleum conservation on the public lands and conservation of the radium supply in the United States.
693. lappuse - ... 1. Measures relating to education, labor, or public welfare generally. 2. Mediation and arbitration of labor disputes. 3. Wages and hours of labor. 4. Convict labor and the entry of goods made by convicts into interstate commerce. 5.
642. lappuse - Measures relating to the election of the President, Vice President, or Members of Congress; corrupt practices; contested elections; credentials and qualifications; and Federal elections generally...