Amend Federal Trade Commission Act. Hearings Before a Subcommittee ... on H.R. 2390 ... January 29 - March 11, 1946
1946 - 585 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
action administrative advertising agency amendment answer apply Association attorney authority believe bill CASSEDY cause Chairman circuit court cold commerce Commission's committee Company complaint concerned conclusion Congress consequences contain Cosmetic course court of appeals deal decide decision determine device directed disseminated district Drug Administration effect facts false advertisement Federal Trade Commission feel filed findings follows Food and Drug further give given hearing interest involved issue judge judicial jurisdiction labeling manufacturers material matter means Medicinal preparation misleading mission modify opinion person practice preponderance present procedure proceeding proposed provisions question RABIN reason record REECE referred relates remedy representations represents respect respondent result reveal rule statement stipulation substantial evidence Supreme Court testimony thing tion Trade Commission Act trial unfair United violation witness
503. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the various district attorneys, under the direction of the Attorney General of the United States, to prosecute for the recovery of forfeitures.
498. lappuse - Any person, partnership, or corporation may make application, and upon good cause shown may be allowed by the Commission to intervene and appear in said proceeding by counsel or in person.
493. lappuse - ... it shall issue and serve upon such person, partnership, or corporation a complaint stating its charges in that respect, and containing a notice of a hearing upon a day and at a place therein fixed at least thirty days after the service of said complaint.
4. lappuse - The Commission may modify its findings as to the facts, or make new findings, by reason of the additional evidence so taken, and it shall file such modified or new findings, which, if supported by evidence, shall be conclusive, and its recommendation, if any, for the modification or setting aside of its original order, with the return of such additional evidence.
499. lappuse - ... hearing in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as to the court may seem proper. The commission may modify its findings as to the facts, or make new findings, by reason of the additional evidence so taken, and it shall file such modified or new findings, which, if supported by...
502. lappuse - Board for such purposes, may administer oaths and affirmations, examine witnesses, and receive evidence. Such attendance of witnesses and the production of such evidence may be required from any place in the United States or any Territory or possession thereof, at any designated place of hearing.
502. lappuse - The commission may order testimony to be taken by deposition in any proceeding or investigation pending under this Act at any stage of such proceeding or investigation. Such depositions may be taken before any person designated by the commission and having power to administer oaths.
495. lappuse - ... filing such reports or answers in writing. Such reports and answers shall be made under oath, or otherwise, as the commission may prescribe, and shall be filed with the commission within such reasonable period as the commission may prescribe, unless additional time be granted in any case by the commission.
541. lappuse - ... misleading in a material respect; and in determining whether any advertisement is misleading, there shall be taken into account (among other things) not only representations made or suggested by statement, word, design, device, sound or any combination thereof, but also the extent to which the advertisement fails to reveal facts material in the light of such representations or material with respect to consequences which may result from the use of the commodity to which the advertisement relates...