Panama Canal, 1916: Hearings Concerning Estimates for Construction of Conducted on the Canal Zone by the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Sixty-third Congress [Nov. 18, 1914] and Fortification of Conducted at Washington, D. C., by the Subcommittee in Charge of the Sundry Civil Appropriation Bill ... [Jan. 5, 1915] Fiscal Year 1916. Sixty-third Congress, Third Session
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1915 - 264 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Panama Canal 1916: Hearings Concerning Estimates for Construction of ...
Committee on Appropriations
Priekšskatījums nav pieejams - 2017
addition allowed American amount appropriation Army Assistant authorized Balboa bill BRIDGES buildings CALDER Canal Zone cents CHAIRMAN charge claims Clerk coal Colon commission completed Congress connection construction contract CORNETT cost course cover CROZIER division employees engineer estimate Executive expenses fact fire force Foreman give GOETHALS going Government guns hospital houses included increase Inspector Isthmus labor land leave lights maintain maintenance Mason material matter McILVAINE mean month necessary negroes operation organization paid Panama Canal Panama Railroad passed permanent plant police practically present President quarters question reason received reduced repair RICHARDSON SHERLEY ships sick statement station supplies taken thing tion understand United wages WEAVER WINSLOW yards
171. lappuse - not more than five years old at the time they apply for registry " in section five of the Act entitled "An Act to provide for the opening, maintenance, protection, and operation of the Panama Canal and the sanitation and government of the Canal Zone,
42. lappuse - All laws, orders, regulations, and ordinances adopted and promulgated in the Canal Zone by order of the President for the government and sanitation of the Canal Zone and the construction of the Panama Canal are hereby ratified and confirmed as valid and binding until Congress shall otherwise provide.
141. lappuse - Government, from hotel and hospital supplies and services ; from rentals, wharfage, and like services ; from labor, materials and supplies and other services furnished to vessels other than those passing through the canal ; and to others unable to obtain the same elsewhere ; from the sale of scrap and other byproducts of manufacturing and shop operations ; from the sale of obsolete and unserviceable...
38. lappuse - ... repairs, and supplies for vessels of the Government of the United States and, incidentally, for supplying such at reasonable prices to passing vessels, in accordance with appropriations hereby authorized to be made from time to time by Congress as a part of the maintenance and operation of the said canal.
171. lappuse - Executive order that all land and land under water within the limits of the Canal Zone is necessary for the construction, maintenance, operation, sanitation, or protection of the Panama Canal, and to extinguish, by agreement when advisable, all claims and titles of adverse claimants and occupants.
44. lappuse - The law, as it passed, is the will of the majority of both houses, and ,the only mode in which that will is spoken is in the act itself, and we must gather...
40. lappuse - ... Panama Canal, and all duties, matters, and transactions affecting the Canal Zone, be subject to the order and direction of such officer of the Army. SEC. 14. That this Act shall be known as, and referred to as, the Panama Canal Act, and the right to alter, amend, or repeal any or all of its provisions or to extend, modify, or annul any rule or regulation made under its authority is expressly reserved.
40. lappuse - ... the President is authorized by Executive order to discontinue the Isthmian Canal Commission, which, together with the present organization, shall then cease to exist; and the President is authorized thereafter to complete, govern, and operate the Panama Canal and govern the Canal Zone, or cause them to be completed, governed, and operated, through a governor of the Panama Canal and such other persons as he may deem competent to discharge the various duties connected with the completion, care,...
199. lappuse - February twentvseventh, nineteen hundred and six, shall not apply to unskilled alien laborers and to the foremen and superintendents of such laborers employed in the construction of the Isthmian Canal within the Canal Zone.