The Older Americans Act, the New York Perspective: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Federal, State, and Community Services of the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-fifth Congress, First Session, New York, N.Y., December 28, 1977
United States. Congress. House. Select Committee on Aging. Subcommittee on Federal, State, and Community Services
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1978 - 108 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able addition Administration agency on aging allocation allow appropriations area agency assistance authority become believe benefit BIAGGI bill Commissioner Committee concept concern CONGRESS THE LIBRARY continue coordination cost County deal Department designed direct director effective efforts elderly established existing fact Federal feel functions funding give given GLASSE grant groups hearings House important income increase interest involved kind legislation LIBRARY OF CONGRESS limited major meals means meet million nutrition objectives Older Americans Act older persons operating opportunity organizations percent planning population present problems programs projects question receive recommendations responsibility rural senior centers senior citizens serve social statement structure suggested Thank thing tion title III title VII units urban various York City
94. lappuse - ... (8) provides that no social service will be directly provided by the State agency or an area agency on aging...
26. lappuse - Nation are entitled to. and it is the joint and several duty and responsibility of the governments of the United States and of the several States and their political subdivisions to assist our older people to secure equal opportunity to the full and free enjoyment of the following objectives : (1) An adequate income in retirement in accordance with the American standard of living.
100. lappuse - In order to provide a focal point in communities for the development and delivery of social services and nutritional services designed primarily for older persons, the Commissioner may make grants to units of general purpose local government or other public or nonprofit private agencies or organizations and may make contracts with any agency or organization to pay not to exceed 75 per centum of the...
100. lappuse - multipurpose senior center' means a community facility for the organization and provision of a broad spectrum of services (including provision of health, social, and educational services and provision of facilities for recreational activities) for older persons.
26. lappuse - Suitable housing, independently selected, designed and located with reference to special needs and available at costs which older citizens can afford.
28. lappuse - ... coordinated delivery of a full range of essential services to our older citizens, and, where applicable, also furnish meaningful employment opportunities for many individuals, including older persons, young persons, and volunteers from the community, and (4> insure that the planning and operation of such programs will be undertaken as a partnership of older citizens, community agencies, and State and local governments, with appropriate assistance from the Federal Government.
26. lappuse - An adequate income in retirement in accordance with the American standard of living. (2) The best possible physical and mental health which science can make available and without regard to economic status. (3...
3. lappuse - Act : 1. An adequate income. 2. The best possible physical and mental health. 3. Suitable housing. 4. Full restorative services. 5. Opportunity for employment without age discrimination. 6. Retirement in health, honor, and dignity.
98. lappuse - ... nutritional services designed primarily for older persons, the Commissioner may make grants to units of general purpose local government or other public or nonprofit private agencies or organizations and may make contracts with any agency or organization to pay not to exceed 75 per centum of the cost of acquiring, altering, or renovating existing facilities to serve as multipurpose senior centers (including the initial equipment of such facilities) . Facilities assisted by...