Hearings Before the Committee on Agriculture, House of Representatives, Eighty-first Congress, First-[second] Session, 3. sējums
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1949
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
ABERNETHY acreage acres adjustments Agriculture allotment amount answer authority base basis believe BELL bill bring build BURKHEAD CHAIRMAN committee commodities Congress consumer COOLEY correct cost cotton course crop Department established estimate fact factor farm farmers Federal feel figures GATHINGS give given going Government grow growers handling hear House improvement increase interest Johnson land legislation less loan marketing facilities matter mean meeting operation Pace peanuts percent Philadelphia planted Poage present problem produce proposed question quota railroads reason received recommendation record reduced represent reserve result Secretary situation statement Street suggested supply talking Texas Thank thing tion tobacco truck trying understand United Virginia Washington WHITE wholesale WOOLLEY
131. lappuse - The CHAIRMAN. Are there any questions by any member of the committee? If not, we thank you very much for your statement.
5. lappuse - ... is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued under such Act, as amended, are extended to include any purchases of such notes and obligations.
4. lappuse - Such special obligations shall bear interest at a rate equal to the average rate of interest, computed as to the end of the calendar month next preceding the date of such issue, borne by all marketable interestbearing obligations of the United States then forming a part of the public debt ; except that where such average rate is not a multiple of one-eighth of 1 per centum...
7. lappuse - ... operate or lease such property for such period as may be necessary or advisable, to protect the interest of the United States therein and to sell or otherwise dispose of the property so purchased or acquired...
272. lappuse - If I can be of further assistance to you, please let me know.
4. lappuse - Bear interest (exclusive of premium charges for insurance) at not to exceed 5 per centum per annum on the amount of the principal obligation outstanding at any time...
4. lappuse - ... (e) Any contract of insurance executed by the Secretary under this section shall be conclusive evidence of the eligibility of the mortgage for insurance, and the validity of any contract of insurance so executed shall be incontestable in the hands of an approved mortgagee from the date of the execution of such contract, except for fraud or misrepresentation on the part of such approved mortgagee.
5. lappuse - All redemptions, purchases, and sales by the Secretary of the Treasury of such notes or other obligations shall be treated as public debt transactions of the United States.
7. lappuse - Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Act the Secretary may provide for the issuance or presentment for redemption of coupons to such person or persons, and at such times and in such manner, as he deems necessary or appropriate to protect the interests of the United States or to insure enforcement of the provisions of this Act or the regulations issued pursuant to this Act...